Monitoring York Region Project 25 Phase II with a BCD 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiofish4

Good afternoon.

I am trying to listen to the York Region Project 25 Phase II system. I have the Uniden BCD 996P2 scanner with a Hustler antenna. I do not get the York Region system at all. I am in Newmarket. System is setup on ID Search and squelch is set to 6. Any help would be great. Thank you.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
First things first, set your squelch to 2. Any higher and you'll miss stuff. Any lower and it'll lock up on channels more often. 2 is all anyone ever needs for the squelch setting.

Second, that system looks to be mostly encrypted so therefore you won't hear anything anyways with the exception of public works and a few of the fire talkgroups that show D only instead of DE. The E means encrypted.

Good afternoon.

I am trying to listen to the York Region Project 25 Phase II system. I have the Uniden BCD996P2 scanner with a Hustler antenna. I do not get the York Region system at all. I am in Newmarket. System is setup on ID Search and squelch is set to 6. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I found it hard to get reception there with the simulcast system. In fact I rarely got it unless I was on the outside of the system, like say along Steeles Ave in Toronto, and even then it was shoddy at best, using the same antenna (if you’re talking about the Hustler mag mount Radioworld sells).

To be fair, there’s really not much to hear there with all the encryption. The odd fire dispatch or truck returning to station. You wouldn’t be missing much. Sounds great on my G4. But unfortunately lacking in much listenable activity.

You may have some good luck picking up some areas just north of you though, in Simcoe region, if you get the DMR upgrade.

Claudiofish4

Yes got the antenna and radio from Radio World. What a great unit. Can't wait for my Uniden BearTracker 855 to come in for my other car.

Status
Not open for further replies.