Monitoring Yosemite National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronpilot

Hey,
Im going to Yosemite park this summer and staying in the vicinity of Yosemite village.
Can anyone give me a list of freqs to monitor while in the park? I am overseas and won't
have much time to dig around when I get home.
Thanks,

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
For monitoring purposes, what does it mean that "There is a Zone available for wideband operation and narrowband operation" and "In addition to a Zone for analog operation another Zone is duplicated for P25 digital operation."

Can the users switch at will between wideband and narrowband, or between analog and digital? Obviously the park wouldn't be simulcasting in more than one mode at a time in a given area.

I may slide thru Yosemite Valley for an overnight in the next couple weeks and will see what I can hear. The crowds and the radio traffic will be nothing whatsoever like the zoo they can be during the summer, of course.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
For monitoring purposes, what does it mean that "There is a Zone available for wideband operation and narrowband operation" and "In addition to a Zone for analog operation another Zone is duplicated for P25 digital operation."
It's more an FYI to the listener. Everything is still primarily analog and no change needs to be made on the scanner side. I've caught P25 use on one repeater but it was more or less someone on the wrong channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.