Monroe/Ontario County Project 25 Phase II ?

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So I'm looking for new scanner. I've had 325p2 and it receives Ontario County just fine,however Monroe not so good. will the reception improve once they completely change over to the Harris system or will it always be simulcast thus the problems detecting with 325p2? Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So I'm looking for new scanner. I've had 325p2 and it receives Ontario County just fine,however Monroe not so good. will the reception improve once they completely change over to the Harris system or will it always be simulcast thus the problems detecting with 325p2? Thanks
Who exactly is "they"? The system is the same as it has always been, and always will be, regardless of who "changes over" to it. If you want to ensure the best reception of any of the simulcast cells, get a scanner or receiver that is designed for simulcast reception. SDS100/200, Unication G series, etc.

k2hz

Premium Subscriber
Something odd going on with the Monroe County Health TG1061 Covid vaccine operations - UT shows all transmissions on the TG as "E4". It appears the radios are strapped in Emergency mode. I don't think there is any dispatcher console monitoring the TG so the only function I can see would be to "beep" all other radios when a unit transmits.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Who exactly is "they"? The system is the same as it has always been, and always will be, regardless of who "changes over" to it. If you want to ensure the best reception of any of the simulcast cells, get a scanner or receiver that is designed for simulcast reception. SDS100/200, Unication G series, etc.
Thanks for the info. The "they" I refer to,is Monroe County going completely to the Harris system.