• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola EX-500 and 600 Quick Call Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
In the CPS software it gives me a drop down menu in the QC-II signaling tab.

Choices: A/B, A/C
A/B, C/D
AB,AD,CD

THIS IS THE SITUATION:

County pages our department on these tones....(MADE UP to protect)

800.0 and 600.0 DUTY TONES

800.0 and 400.0 SCRAMBLE TONES

1000.0 and 600.0 ALL COUNTY WIDE PAGERS AT 6pm

Notice that on Duty Tones, the second set is 600.0 and on All County Wide the second set is also 600.0.

My pager has 4 settings: a,b,c,d

A- DUTY TONES, SCRAMBLE, AND COUTYWIDE. The pager will open anytime these are activated by dispatch.
B- SCRAMBLE TONES ONLY
C-COUNTYWIDE OPEN CSQ -ALL THREE TONES WILL ACTIVE WHILE LISTEN TO THE OTHER AGENCIES AS WELL, very busy and annoying to keep on this channel.
D-SAME AS A, BUT IN VIBRATION MODE.

Would like to program my EX-500 and EX-600 with all three sets of tones, but the way they have it listed with the CPS choices as listed below, etc. There appears to be no option for setting up this up on a QC-II System personality.

THESE ARE THE CPS CHOICES in the Signalling Quick Call setup:

A-B
A-B/A-C
A-B/C-B
A-B/A-D/C-D
A-B/C-D

So Folks, which set up should I use so I can hear all three tones on my radio on 1 conventional personality? Such as EX-500 Channel 1 EMS Dispatch. I don't want to have 3 separate channels for all three different tones pairs. I would like it to work like the pager on Channel A where all the tone pairs come through, just by leaving the pager set on Channel A.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Devilz311

Ok, I'm pretty sure I have it figured out for you.

A: 800
B: 400
C: 1000
D: 600

AB: 800 & 400 - Scramble
AD: 800 & 600 - Duty
CD: 1000 & 600 - Countywide

I think you posted this in another thread too...

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
EX-500 & 600 QC programming configuration. FIXED

Thank you, works like a charm!!!! Needed to put the scramble tone in first , duty second and countywide last.

Much appreciated for your time!!!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.