MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have a Copy of all the talk group Names For Clinton county. There are channel names on the paperwork that are not on Radio Reference Site. How would I go about getting the group numbers?

Monitoring the sites that cover Clinton County, in wildcard mode, and listening for people to mention those TG, and seeing which TG those users go to next. If you have Pro96Com, that can monitor the control channel, and show you the affiliated radios, and which TG they are using.

jbudget3

Clinton has I believe 5 Control channels. My sds200 is capable to scan for new tg’s. I did not know if there was another way to get them

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a Copy of all the talk group Names For Clinton county. There are channel names on the paperwork that are not on Radio Reference Site. How would I go about getting the group numbers?
Click my name, and select 'Start Conversation' send it to me. At least we might be able to update the info we already have.
In turn we can at least have that info to compare with when Clinton goes to full digital in ~ 2 years or so.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone have any further info and/or can scan for TG 12832?

Its in the database for Delta college in my county, but Ive had it in my scanners for a few months and nothing heard even though I have heard a few medical calls at the college.

Its been picked up in S.E. MI mainly. No other mentions of it in the forums prior.

jbudget3

Click my name, and select 'Start Conversation' send it to me. At least we might be able to update the info we already have.
In turn we can at least have that info to compare with when Clinton goes to full digital in ~ 2 years or so.
If you cannot read them I can email the too

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Here is the wiki link for Clinton County listings I typed in from what I was sent.

Here is the listing we have for Clinton in the database.

Lets start comparing the official listings to what we have so as to improve the accuracy for what is currently in our database!
The wiki has 51, we currently 89 talkgroups

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Just found this.
"University of Michigan's Division of Public Safety and Security will be fully migrating to the MPSCS by the start of the fourth quarter of 2019. All public safety operations will be on the statewide digital system. That said, DPSS officials are planning to encrypt all radio traffic for officer safety reasons."

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 3842-Isabella County Sheriff unit 37-45 calling Central Dispatch on Event channel. Heard on the Mount Pleasant tower.

RayAir

Anyone have any further info and/or can scan for TG 12832?

Its in the database for Delta college in my county, but Ive had it in my scanners for a few months and nothing heard even though I have heard a few medical calls at the college.

Its been picked up in S.E. MI mainly. No other mentions of it in the forums prior.

The only thing I have on TG 12832 is one affiliation from RID 9820467 (Wayne County- State ID).

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the MPSCS site on Elizabeth Road just south of M-59 is still active, or is it used as backup in case the Macomb County Simulcast Cell should ever fail? I know there is a site on top of the jail complex down at Elizabeth Road north of M-97, but that is part of the simulcast system.

WPRJ520 (MICHIGAN, STATE OF) FCC Callsign Details

73's

Ron
This information, in-detail, was provided in a submission you received recently was it not? With several simulcast systems coming online, stand-alone sites are being absorbed into the simulcasts to provide additional channel (frequency) resources to the overall pool, this migration is also helping with the P25 talkgroup paging roll outs within the simulcast cells as well, since they do not need to broadcast to as many neighboring sites.. There have been several sites in Ottawa County that also went through this transition and are now offline and you should expect the same when Lenawee, Eaton, Ingham, and Kent county simulcasts come online. By-the-way, several of these are listed in the database but aren't even online yet and they should be noted as such to avoid confusion.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This information, in-detail, was provided in a submission you received recently was it not?

Yes, it was. I remember reading someplace the Mount Clemens site would act as a backup to the Macomb County Simulcast cell, should it fail for any reason. The actual transmitter site is down the road at the Macomb County Jail on top of the building. I have been trying to obtain a confirmation as to whether or not this is the backup site for the county system before I remove it from the database.

73's

Ron

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it was. I remember reading someplace the Mount Clemens site would act as a backup to the Macomb County Simulcast cell, should it fail for any reason. The actual transmitter site is down the road at the Macomb County Jail on top of the building. I have been trying to obtain a confirmation as to whether or not this is the backup site for the county system before I remove it from the database.

73's

Ron
If it were a backup site got MPSCS then it would report as such in the logs, just like the Penobscot Bldg. does for Detroit; seeing at it does not broadcast to the subscriber radios, the only possibility for it being a backup would be for Failsoft, which is just a bank of conventional repeaters at that point with balanced talkgroup loading. Either way, it's no longer a valid MPSCS site for general day-to-day use, same as the aforementioned Penobscot Bldg. site; that's for Failsoft ops as well.

n8lwx

Any chance I could please get any info available for Clinton County.

mikey60

If it were a backup site got MPSCS then it would report as such in the logs, just like the Penobscot Bldg. does for Detroit; seeing at it does not broadcast to the subscriber radios, the only possibility for it being a backup would be for Failsoft, which is just a bank of conventional repeaters at that point with balanced talkgroup loading. Either way, it's no longer a valid MPSCS site for general day-to-day use, same as the aforementioned Penobscot Bldg. site; that's for Failsoft ops as well.

I was told a few years ago by an MPSCS person that the Macomb Site and the Penobscot Building sites were hot standby sites and could be activated at a moment's notice if the simulcast system failed. That may no longer be true, but it was true at one point. I don't have my scanner here at the moment to check to see what the Macomb simulcast is advertising at the moment so I don't know what's there now.

Mike

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I was told a few years ago by an MPSCS person that the Macomb Site and the Penobscot Building sites were hot standby sites and could be activated at a moment's notice if the simulcast system failed. That may no longer be true, but it was true at one point. I don't have my scanner here at the moment to check to see what the Macomb simulcast is advertising at the moment so I don't know what's there now.

Mike

Penobnscot can be switched to standalone. But not exactly hot standby. They told me it took a site visit to manually change things over.

Status
Not open for further replies.