MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2024

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Saw 9279991 affiliate to TG 6417 this morning, no grants that I saw, not in the DB. Saw a mention of it in last year's thread but didn't see any RIDs. Not sure who 9991 is since I don't log MPSCS often but it is a Gogebic county radio.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Something changed on the South Boardman site, seemingly overnight. I wasn't able to receive it from 10 miles out, suddenly it's coming in full strength with a bunch of Chippewa County TGs on it.

bobw4

Wondering if anyone in the MPSCS area has applied the recent firmware release to their SDS200. I am particularly interested in the Kent, Ottawa, Allegan and Muskegon county areas. I would like to know if the results are favorable (i.e. improved decoding) before I take the jump.

alexishp

Premium Subscriber
I just updated to mine and noticed I picked up something I hadn’t before. I am still rocking the original antenna. Waiting for my upgrade to arrive. Way north of you, but otherwise no negatives to upgrading that I have seen.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I'm not in the interested area but I have noticed improvements on getting the MPSCS from the Wisconsin side of the border. It had solid decode where it couldn't before. It's an improvement for sure, still not as sensitive as my PRO-96 but I don't expect it to be with its different design.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
4820 and 4821 both belong to Lake City Schools - 4820 is for In-School Operations, and 4821 is for transportation dispatch. Received off of the Manton site.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Mason-Oceana County is planning on encrypting Law Enforcement talkgroups in the near future. It has been in discussion for months, if not years. As of August 2023 they are ordering radios compatible with ADP encryption (and hopefully more algorithms). The list of to-be-encrypted talkgroups is unknown, but I could see them encrypting the same stuff as Muskegon County... Encrypt everything Law Enforcement except dispatch. The screenshot below is what I THINK will be encrypted.

Green in Clear, Yellow to be encrypted.

I have Unitrunker running 24/7 on Muskegon County Simulcast and Ottawa County Simulcast. Once they go encrypted Ill make another post.

Screenshot_20231206_184614.jpg

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Encryption for Oceana-Mason has been in the works for a while yes. All public safety departments in Oceana have been purchasing new radios as several of them have been using old XTS radios. Per meeting minutes police mains will be encrypted, haven't heard much on the private department channels. I'd assume 64P164 will be encrypted as well but 64P911 will definitely be encrypted. Wouldn't be surprised, because of scanner groups and updated radios, if fire and EMS go fully encrypted as well in the next few years.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Encryption for Oceana-Mason has been in the works for a while yes. All public safety departments in Oceana have been purchasing new radios as several of them have been using old XTS radios. Per meeting minutes police mains will be encrypted, haven't heard much on the private department channels. I'd assume 64P164 will be encrypted as well but 64P911 will definitely be encrypted. Wouldn't be surprised, because of scanner groups and updated radios, if fire and EMS go fully encrypted as well in the next few years.
That would make no sense to encrypt dispatch without the PD car to car channels (proprietary) too. The traffic on my counties encrypted police channels are a huge % of overall system traffic. By only encrypting dispatch, all sensitive info that is intended to be private / encrypted would be pushed to dispatch, thus possibly saturating the dispatch channel with extra traffic. Which meeting mentioned the PD dispatch being encrypted?

depster00

3948 on Kent County Simulcast. Heard Life EMS dispatch. Seen Kalamazoo and Kent county radio IDs. Seems to be in addition to the existing Kalamzoo Dispatch channel.

bobw4

3948 on Kent County Simulcast. Heard Life EMS dispatch. Seen Kalamazoo and Kent county radio IDs. Seems to be in addition to the existing Kalamzoo Dispatch channel.
I have also heard some radio traffic on TG 3948. Seems to be dispatches for the Ionia county area.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
3948 Never seen or heard before on Muskegon County Simulcast, or Ottawa County Simulcast.

hockeyref2

11493 - station 14 (fire?) Arenac co RID's off of. st. helen
580 - Eaton and Saginaw RID's. One of them I had tagged as MDOT at some point. Going from downstate to the U.P.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
TGID 3579 says 62E911 in database, but I got traffic on 3756 saying "Life 834 to Newaygo Central on 62E911". Not sure which is which...1705541007350.png

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Is there a specific way RIDs are allocated on the MPSCS? I've read the Wiki page about RID assignments, and most counties I've seen make sense... most Grand Traverse County units with the exception of the Dispatch consoles and MMR units use 928 RIDs, Wexford County has 983 RIDs, but for some reason, Manistee County Dispatch and some units have 928 RIDs that are usually seen in Grand Traverse... is this common on other parts of the system?

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Is there a specific way RIDs are allocated on the MPSCS? I've read the Wiki page about RID assignments, and most counties I've seen make sense... most Grand Traverse County units with the exception of the Dispatch consoles and MMR units use 928 RIDs, Wexford County has 983 RIDs, but for some reason, Manistee County Dispatch and some units have 928 RIDs that are usually seen in Grand Traverse... is this common on other parts of the system?
Are those RIDs seen on Manistee dispatch? What TGIDs do you see the odd RIDs on?

15188n

Premium Subscriber
TGID 3579 says 62E911 in database, but I got traffic on 3756 saying "Life 834 to Newaygo Central on 62E911". Not sure which is which...View attachment 155014
Life in Newaygo is dispatched out of Grand Rapids. This is likely their channel to talk directly to Newaygo 911 even though they don't directly dispatch them. Likely to ask about law enforcement, staging, or first responders.

15188n

Premium Subscriber
51F911 (4106). It seems like every radio in the Dispatch Center has a GT County Prefix on it for some reason.
The northwest hub for MMR is out of GT so likely thats how they have their radio ID assignment. Northflight in Wexford used to have 928xxxx and 428xxxx ID's for years.