MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2024

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I'd think it would make more sense to remove dispatch audio from the VHF side and have it just carry tones for informers, sirens, etc. Then again, I'm not a radio tech, so maybe there's another reason I'm unaware of.

RayAir

22891 - Not found in DB. Encrypted, coming in off of Lapeer County Simulcast
Most of the radio ID's logged for 22891 appear to be associated with 22885 44E911 (EMS dispatch, also enc per database).
So most likely an EMS talkgroup of some type. Just guessing based on radio IDs.

motorcpl

Premium Subscriber
After 24 years my old Uniden BC 780XLT finally became totally useless for Oakland County Michigan when in Jan 2024 everything seems to have gone to the new P25 MPSCS. I purchased a secondhand Uniden BCD996P2. I have been experimenting downloading to it with FreeSCAN from RadioReference with mixed results. Is there anyone in Oakland County with good knowledge of what I should be importing to the radio? I used the Oakland County Simulcast site with the talk Groups marked 63, But it seems to be missing a lot. I'd like to be able to listen to Lake Orion Fire if anyone can help as well as other North/East Oakland County.
I'm new to all this, but I am pretty sure that all of Oakland County Law Enforcement is encrypted. I'm not sure about the fire TGs

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'd think it would make more sense to remove dispatch audio from the VHF side and have it just carry tones for informers, sirens, etc. Then again, I'm not a radio tech, so maybe there's another reason I'm unaware of.
At a minimum, when using analog alerting, the dispatch audio needs to be carried after tones. This is what Novi is doing, but no other audio is carried on the analog side. (UHF for Novi, & VHF while they dispatch South Lyon or Lyon Twp.)

RayAir

I'm new to all this, but I am pretty sure that all of Oakland County Law Enforcement is encrypted. I'm not sure about the fire TGs
Fire has some encrypted talk groups but dispatch and fireground is clear.

szron

Premium Subscriber
Couple days ago REGD2N started to being allowed on Oakland County Simulcast greatly improving coverage for MSP units in the county. It is my understanding it is allowed in mixed (FDMA/TDMA) mode.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Couple days ago REGD2N started to being allowed on Oakland County Simulcast greatly improving coverage for MSP units in the county. It is my understanding it is allowed in mixed (FDMA/TDMA) mode.
If a subscriber radio that is currently affiliated is not P2 capable, the TG is carried as P1.

Louie7

I think encrypting the VHF would significantly reduce range
It depends on the type of encryption used. The old systems used the CFB mode, which is an error propagation mode: a single bit received with error makes it impossible to decrypt the entire frame. The range is therefore reduced: as soon as a single bit received with error, nothing is received.

New systems use OFB mode which is a mode without error propagation, a single bit received with error, gives a single error bit after decryption. The range is therefore not reduced, we simply receive with a few bits in error and therefore with a worse sound.

hockeyref2

Today 4153 was referred to as "CGFire" and "Camp Fire"... DNR was doing a controlled burn on Range 30 today. The database calls it "Alpena CRTC Fire Dispatch" Does the database need to be updated? Units were Grayling and Houghton Lake DNR.

dmchalmers

Today 4153 was referred to as "CGFire" and "Camp Fire"... DNR was doing a controlled burn on Range 30 today. The database calls it "Alpena CRTC Fire Dispatch" Does the database need to be updated? Units were Grayling and Houghton Lake DNR.
Heard some of that also, air references the drones also . I just couldn't figure where they were at. some reason Air5 didn't show on flightaware. I'm 15 east of the ranges

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
4400 - 928 RIDs. I think this may be Dean Transportation out of Traverse City. For some reason, this TG only wants to come in if I'm stationary somewhere, so I've had a hard time truly confirming what exactly it is.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
4400 - 928 RIDs. I think this may be Dean Transportation out of Traverse City. For some reason, this TG only wants to come in if I'm stationary somewhere, so I've had a hard time truly confirming what exactly it is.
Dean does a lot of school bus staffing, so expect the appropriate times for that.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I was picking it up off the Traverse City site yesterday, and they were talking about Transformers and Power Distribution lines, so I don't think it's Dean Transportation. Might belong to TC Light & Power.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Construction has started on the tower at the Isabella County Central Dispatch. A concrete base has been placed on the east side of the building.

jdasho

Premium Subscriber
I have heard 76 on this talk group also . 76 is the Camp Grayling military fire chief. I think it's safe to say this TG should be switched to CGFire. I'm going to submit a change request today to the database.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 13083-Life EMS 801 calling Lake County Central Dispatch(New console RID 3000086) to tell them that they were returning from Big Rapids.
Noted with HP2 Discovery Mode on the Big Rapids tower.

LeeA

Premium Subscriber
Comment: Every time they say "K9," I cringe. I hate that they use doggies. I'm always so worried about them.
Question: What does "holding the air" mean?