MRRS System (MTA PD)

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
On Metro Simulcast
Yes I picked them up on the Metro simulcast, and I concur that all the NYSPD RIDs I've came across are in the 7717 range (although I did once pick up one that was 9980###). It sounded like they gave an address that is in Westchester, might be why you didn't hear it on Zone 1.

scanman550

I have observed TG 9405 as encrypted across the Metro25/Zone1/Zone3 simulcast cells for several months now. No patterns as to when and which cell it shows up on. UIDs always start with 423####. Has anyone else seen this as well or any idea what it could be?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have observed TG 9405 as encrypted across the Metro25/Zone1/Zone3 simulcast cells for several months now. No patterns as to when and which cell it shows up on. UIDs always start with 423####. Has anyone else seen this as well or any idea what it could be?

I have logged 1 rid on 9405, from Zone 1 Simulcast on 9/16 423xxxx. No grants anywhere else. ENC

I see 42xxx rid's on tg 9045. A few from District 3, 6/7 and Long Island. Clear Zone 1 Simulcast.

Also see tg 5012 used and always enc. Rid's seem to line up with many logged from Troop L but very little of the logged rid's have any voice grants on anything other than 5012. Looks like Troop L has a secure tg now on Zone 1 simulcast..

Tg 1000 MTA PD District 3 radio 420xxxx was talking to NYSP radio772xxxx on 4/8 clear

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Yea.. I've seen it pop up occasionally on Zone 7 Simulcast... Probably talking about lunch orders if I had to guess.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Was picking up 9405 again a few minutes ago on the Metro simulcast, all E of course. 423### IDs like others have noted

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I picked up 9029 and 9146 on Metro Simulcast, both using 421## IDs.

9029 said "GCM to RSCC", a quick Google search says RSCC is the "Jamaica Regional Security Command Center", and GCM is probably Grand Central Madison. They were doing radio checks with each other.

9146 sounded like mostly open carrier, but did try to do a radio check with no response. Only one 421## ID logged, seems to be in the same bank as the IDs I saw on 9029.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
9029 said "GCM to RSCC", a quick Google search says RSCC is the "Jamaica Regional Security Command Center", and GCM is probably Grand Central Madison. They were doing radio checks with each other.

Correct on both GCM and RSCC

1696448055812.png

Was picking up 9405 again a few minutes ago on the Metro simulcast,

Been on Zone 1 also for a few days. Also, 8026 NYPD Citywide 2 was on Zone 1 briefly on 9/26 and 9/28. Never saw that on that cell before.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Looking at Calls, an OEM unit (probably state OEM I would guess) did a radio check on the Watch Center TG over Zone 3. 423## IDs. I didn't pick that up on Metro. Looking to a few weeks ago a State Fire unit did a radio check, also with a 423## UID.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Was picking up 9405 again a few minutes ago on the Metro simulcast, all E of course. 423### IDs like others have noted

Looking at Calls, an OEM unit (probably state OEM I would guess) did a radio check on the Watch Center TG over Zone 3. 423## IDs. I didn't pick that up on Metro. Looking to a few weeks ago a State Fire unit did a radio check, also with a 423## UID.

Diid some looking and one of the 423xxxx radios from the 6091 Watch tg, is also one of the radios that has encrypted voice grants on tg 9405.

And looking at all the rid's, all the id's in the 423xxxx block are only on 6091 Watch Center, 9405, 9404, 9003 and 9007. This is voice grants as well as logins.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Diid some looking and one of the 423xxxx radios from the 6091 Watch tg, is also one of the radios that has encrypted voice grants on tg 9405.

And looking at all the rid's, all the id's in the 423xxxx block are only on 6091 Watch Center, 9405, 9404, 9003 and 9007. This is voice grants as well as logins.
I guess State Fire/DHSES operate on this system then. Always had a hunch there were state agencies on here we don't know about. I'm sure there are more than that, I have a feeling that state DOH is on here too.

KC2GSP

Premium Subscriber
I work for a police agency in Westchester. We did pretty extensive testing with a set of loaner radios from MTA. If it wasn't for the price tag, we would have been migrating over.

(I say this with neither support or rejection of the idea)

ericg123

Does anyone know or have info on Scarsdale PD in Westchester moving on to this system? I heard some talk that they are testing on this system. I will try to scan/search the system and see what I can come up with when I have some time.

Davefire239

Feed Provider
Does anyone know or have info on Scarsdale PD in Westchester moving on to this system? I heard some talk that they are testing on this system. I will try to scan/search the system and see what I can come up with when I have some time.
I would like to know the same too

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
It could be anything, really, if they are in the early stages of testing. I would look for new TGs and RIDs popping up on Z3, or they could be using one of the radio Techs TG to do some testing. However, I recall some testing being done on TG 9655 recently, so I would possibly start there. But then again, it could be anything, and I could be wrong.

ericg123

It could be anything, really, if they are in the early stages of testing. I would look for new TGs and RIDs popping up on Z3, or they could be using one of the radio Techs TG to do some testing. However, I recall some testing being done on TG 9655 recently, so I would possibly start there. But then again, it could be anything, and I could be wrong.
Thank you, I will try it out this week and see how it goes.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong but when I heard other agencies doing testing, I seem to remember only hearing it on weekdays.