MRRS System (MTA PD)

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Thank you, I will try it out this week and see how it goes.
No Problem! I have Unitrunker and SDR Trunk running, so let me know how it goes.

I could be wrong but when I heard other agencies doing testing, I seem to remember only hearing it on weekdays.
I kind of remember that, too. Especially when Port Chester, Rye, and Rye Brook joined the system.

KC2GSP

Premium Subscriber
We were allowed to borrow the pair of radios for a month and I believe the talk group showed up as a radio tech talk group. Since I was the basically the one administering the tests at my job, I did it whenever it was convenient for me so don't be surprised if its at random times of the day or week.

I also took my G5 with me and had the system set as a wildcard so that's how I could hear myself

ericg123

Thanks, guys, for the info.

I am using a SDS100 and I have this system setup and have all of the Department/TGs setup on Zone 3 and set to avoid so I don't have to hear them and have it on ID Search. This is so it skips over know talk Groups. I am going to add in the Radio Maintenance TGs in and leave them open to see if they are using any of those. at this point I have not heard anything, but it may take some time. I will see how it goes.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Just got a quick few hits on a new to me TG on zone 1 was wondering if anyone has an idea TG was 9563 I didn’t catch a radio ID though. Comms we’re in the clear but they we’re 2 quick transmissions and didn’t catch what was said.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
After listening and hearing it a few more times it sounded like testing from some agency. Heard “HQ to Car 2 on MCA radio”

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Just got a quick few hits on a new to me TG on zone 1 was wondering if anyone has an idea TG was 9563 I didn’t catch a radio ID though. Comms we’re in the clear but they we’re 2 quick transmissions and didn’t catch what was said.
After listening and hearing it a few more times it sounded like testing from some agency. Heard “HQ to Car 2 on MCA radio”
I have in my notes that it might be Harrison PD in Westchester. But don't quote me on that, as things can change with this system. Police departments in Westchester sometimes refer to this radio system as the "MTA Radio."

However, today, different Radio IDs have popped up than before. I also did hear a few tones that sounded like Fire/EMS Paging, and Harrison PD does EMS Dispatching.

Pretty sure some kind of patch was going.
I didn't see anything that looked like a patch from an External source, according to UT and SDR Trunk.
If I'm correct with Harrison, as mentioned above, I'll Put in Harrison PD VHF to my radio to see if I can match the audio.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Is anyone hearing only one side of the conversation on 9563? Im only hearing the dispatcher's side on SDR Trunk. Zone 3 Simulcast

Also, Seems like there is still some activity on their VHF.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone hearing only one side of the conversation on 9563? Im only hearing the dispatcher's side on SDR Trunk. Zone 3 Simulcast

Cant speak for Zone 3, but Zone 1 is 2 sided. Can't figure out the rid 257 that's being picked up in SdrTrunk. Have UT logging the system and shows there as 0

1698767720798.png

1698767809744.png

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Interesting, very different than what im seeing on Zone 3. Maybe only the Dispatch Console is affiliating with Zone 3 and all the Mobles and Portables are affilating with Zone 1. Or maybe they are just using half RF and half LTE. Strange but whatever Its MRRS

1698768108454.png
1698768155649.png

Theres also no record of RID or even TG 257 in Unitrunker