MRRS System (MTA PD)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just listened to the past hour of 3029 and it's all 8-x units, so probably District 8 PD. Someone more familiar with MTAPD ops confirm then submit and I'll add it to the database.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That's odd. I looked at UT logs for 26 D & E and I don't have any of those rid's logged or tg 3029

While playing back archived calls here, 3029 Group Calls - Archives today @ 19.30, some of the source freqs do not match up with any MRRS sites freqs.

1692061926450.png

1692061961267.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So here's the scoop, without giving anyway any personal info, the provider of that node is in CT and is actually monitoring the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN) Troop G Simulcast, not the Metro-25 simulcast.

Which explains why the only talkgroup I've seen on that node is 3029, which is the MTA PD D8 talkgroup on CLMRN.

A bit misleading putting that under the Metro-25/MRRS system in Calls. :cautious:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The talkgroup can remain in emergency mode indefinitely if the condition isn't cleared either by the subscriber or dispatcher. It's not so much the button being "on" as it is the last activation wasn't reset.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Picked up 4735 on the Metro simulcast. Couldn’t tell who it was.
Did you happen to catch any rid's? I had a dongle locked on Metro for a few hours today and do not see anything. Was this around the time you posted?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Did you pick up NJICS talk group 4735 rather than actual MRRS system?

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Did you happen to catch any rid's? I had a dongle locked on Metro for a few hours today and do not see anything. Was this around the time you posted?
Did not unfortunately.

Did you pick up NJICS talk group 4735 rather than actual MRRS system?
Was not listening to the NJICS when this happened. I also don't have NJICS in ID search mode.

But to add on to both of you, now that you make me think about it perhaps the scanner locked onto one of the NJICS site frequencies since I know a few overlap with MRRS site frequencies. I think that I misread that it was on the metro simulcast and it could've been on one of the zone simulcasts, which I know has frequencies which overlap with a few of the NJICS ones....apologies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not singling anyone out with this post, just an FYI to all monitoring...

Please do not submit TG 3029 to the Metro-25/MRRS system; it's not a valid talkgroup on that system, and is coming from the Connecticut statewide system. For whatever reason, someone thought it would be a good idea to put a node on BCFY claiming to be the Metro-25 cell, when it's actually the Troop G simulcast of the CT system. :cautious:

Refer to my earlier post in this thread: MRRS System (MTA PD)

Thanks

msingewald

Apologies for this confusion. Unbeknownst to me, my son went in and added this incorrectly. I have since stopped the incorrect stream, and have spoken to my son about touching this without my knowledge. I was away on a cruise without data and email, so I could not fix it until I just got back.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a new unknown, 9563 on the metro simulcast. Sounded like they were just doing a radio check.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone who monitors PC EMS give me an answer on their radio IDs or point me in the right direction. They seem to be Allover the place and not one stays consistent, even the radios being used for their dispatch or “HQ” this leads me to believe they only use portables and either have them issued individually or mix them each shift. But shouldn’t the HQ radio always remain HQ? Also don’t there units have mobile radios as well? Any help would be appreciated.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
New TG on the Metro simulcast, 9099. "Sounded like he said you can show us on the same case".

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Hearing 6032 for the first time in a while as well, 9320### UIDs, it's showing up as P25 Phase 1, so @CqDx theory this might be NYSP BCI could be correct

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hearing 6032 for the first time in a while as well, 9320### UIDs, it's showing up as P25 Phase 1, so @CqDx theory this might be NYSP BCI could be correct
On Zone 1 Simulcast, I don't see that 6032 has been active. All NYSPD rid's I have logged are 7717xxx.
On Metro Simulcast, which I have not followed in a few weeks, there I see 6032 was in use back in January and August and all rid's are 9320xxx and those rid's only appear on 6032. I don't see that they have logged into any other tg's. I also have them noted as doing surveillance.

Can anyone who monitors PC EMS give me an answer on their radio IDs or point me in the right direction. They seem to be Allover the place and not one stays consistent, even the radios being used for their dispatch or “HQ” this leads me to believe they only use portables and either have them issued individually or mix them each shift.
Seeing rid's that I have looded from tg 9211 transmitting on 9570 and not consistently. Rid's are 4242xxx