MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejackson046

Feed Provider
715 I believe is now assigned as the turnpike TG for "Pike" to dispatch troopers only for their incidents. I believe this is the case due to the problem with the radios not being able to scan and then swap from 1A to the analog pike channel. That is my guess with it.

mainetrunk

from what I heard,
they have to switch off the trunked system in order to talk conventional.
Now--I have no clue as to how many switch flips and knob turns are involved in that,
but I think turning from tg to tg is easier than going to conventional scanning.
I wonder if Pike Authority will jump to the trunk..

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
Troop G talk is, as stated previously, for troopers to Turnpike incidents. Turnpike trucks will more then likely not switch as there's a lot of equipment to buy, they don't have just one channel, they have a repeater for each matinance yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
Well I spent the last 5 days up in Rangeley and I must say the MSCOMM SYSTEM SUCKS.. Dead spots everywhere. Sugarloaf Mtn was staticky and choppy and the are more dead spots up there the trees.!!! That's my thoughts!!!
Holy exclamation points batman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

chriscoal

region nets

would the spruce mountain repeater (172.7750) carry the same radio traffic as the ossippee mountain repeater (172.4250)? i know they both cover zone 1. just wondering if they covered diferent parts of the zone.

KB1VLA

would the spruce mountain repeater (172.7750) carry the same radio traffic as the ossippee mountain repeater (172.4250)? i know they both cover zone 1. just wondering if they covered diferent parts of the zone.

They should be identical, they're both patched to TG 711.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Hey can anyone help me with this? I am scanning the MSCOMMNET and I had a question. On the RR page for MSCOMMNET where it lists the colored control stations and alternate stations, are all those frequencies a complete list of the trunking frequencies? Thanks in advance if someone can answer this question.

Last edited:

ecps92

A Complete at the time it was Submitted List - Yes
subject to change - Yes
Can a P25 System use any of the Frequencies as a Control Channel - Yes (Program them all)

Hey can anyone help me with this? I am scanning the MSCOMMNET and I had a question. On the RR page for MSCOMMNET where it lists the colored control stations and alternate stations, are all those frequencies a complete list of the trunking frequencies? Thanks in advance if someone can answer this question.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Bill. I do realize that the list can change. I have programmed all the frequencies from the list from SNE last night with NAC of 80E. It works! Last night the radio was crazy busy and I kept track of which frequencies were active and ALL the frequencies were active, not just the ones tagged as "control" or "alternate". They were all busy. Now I am wondering if I should program the frequencies from the Regionnet Pocket Guide or will the frequencies I already programmed suffice? I will have to experiment I guess. Thanks for the advice and 73.

ecps92

Look a the TRS differently than the Regional Nets

Regionals are Conventional, Not Trunked

For the TRS
When a channel is not in-use as a Control it generally is used for Voice

For the Regionals, not everything from the TRS will be patched to the Regional NETS
So, YMMV as to what is heard from the TRS patched to the Regional NET

Yes - everyone is still learning what is out there on the TRS
and the Reported use of the Regionals has varied

So do experiment and share what you learn

Thank you Bill. I do realize that the list can change. I have programmed all the frequencies from the list from SNE last night with NAC of 80E. It works! Last night the radio was crazy busy and I kept track of which frequencies were active and ALL the frequencies were active, not just the ones tagged as "control" or "alternate". They were all busy. Now I am wondering if I should program the frequencies from the Regionnet Pocket Guide or will the frequencies I already programmed suffice? I will have to experiment I guess. Thanks for the advice and 73.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again Bill. What I may do is program every single channel from the TRS on one radio and program the Regionnets and CONOPS on another radio. I also programmed all 7 of the conventional frequencies from the TRS, such as Mount Blue's two conventional frequencies. So after programming everything I mentioned I think I'll have the whole state covered. Ha! Good thing I build antennas as one of my hobbies. I have a nice 2 meter Yagi I built a few years ago and it's on a mast of about 45 feet in length. I have a TV rotator attached also so I can hear pretty much in all directions for miles and miles. I'll keep track and share what I find out with everyone. Have a good afternoon!

ecps92

You are programming the TRS as a Trunk, not as conventional , right ? :confused:
Otherwise you will have no idea of who you are actually hearing by Talk-Group

Thanks again Bill. What I may do is program every single channel from the TRS on one radio and program the Regionnets and CONOPS on another radio. I also programmed all 7 of the conventional frequencies from the TRS, such as Mount Blue's two conventional frequencies. So after programming everything I mentioned I think I'll have the whole state covered. Ha! Good thing I build antennas as one of my hobbies. I have a nice 2 meter Yagi I built a few years ago and it's on a mast of about 45 feet in length. I have a TV rotator attached also so I can hear pretty much in all directions for miles and miles. I'll keep track and share what I find out with everyone. Have a good afternoon!

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Well yes and no. Yes on one radio, no on the other only because the second radio is a Motorola XTS 3000 and it does not have the capability to follow a P25 Phase 1 9600 Baud trunk system like the one here in Maine. It will only follow Smartnet/Smartzone systems as far as I know. I programmed the entire list of trunking P25 frequencies and scan away. I listen and try to guess which talk group they are for now.I wish it did have the capability because there is a great way to program the radio so it does not affiliate.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Right now the only way to somewhat identify anything on the Motorola is the UID comes across the screen as a 7 digit number such as this one 1421424 which is Maine Forest Service, I think. I just match the number with the charts on SNE. That's fine for now until I find another way...and I will at some point.

ecps92

OK - just wanted to make sure.
Yes use the Scanner for the TRS and the XTS for the Regionals or even better program the regionals in their own bank/scan list

Much of the SNE list has come from dedicated scannists who have spent hours trying to track the changes, sadly some areas are just have not had anyone listening

<caution> Programming a radio on someones trunk without permission, can and does cause issues and can result in loss of life <end of rant>

Well yes and no. Yes on one radio, no on the other only because the second radio is a Motorola XTS 3000 and it does not have the capability to follow a P25 Phase 1 9600 Baud trunk system like the one here in Maine. It will only follow Smartnet/Smartzone systems as far as I know. I programmed the entire list of trunking P25 frequencies and scan away. I listen and try to guess which talk group they are for now.I wish it did have the capability because there is a great way to program the radio so it does not affiliate.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Oh I know all about the rules. That's why I programmed my scanner with all of the TRS frequencies and decided to just program the RegionNet conventional frequencies on the XTS . By doing it that way I am safe from loss of life. LOL..Besides this way works just as good as any other way and I am happy with it.

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Gray RCC traffic on TGID 35130 this morning, anyone else hearing that? It's still coming over the regional fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KB1VLA

In all strangeness, I'm hearing both sides of what sounds like regular Zone 1 traffic on 465.125, PL 69.3. This traffic was coming across this UHF freq, and the Ossipee Regionnet (172.425), but I heard no traffic from the Ossipee trunk site, on any talkgroup. A few moments later, the same SP unit signed on the air with Turnpike HQ on TG 715, this I heard via Ossipee. 465.125 has a strong signal here in Strafford County, NH, on 3 different radios.

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
Pike was still on their normal TGID and pleasant mountain was relaying RCC traffic as normal. I was seeing the weird TGID on the Ossipee site though

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.