My Temp. Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloop

This is my temporary station while the basement is being remodeled. On the bottom Icom IC-718; middle shelf left is an Icom V-8000 & tuner, to the right is a Yaesu 817ND & tuner; top shelf is a Bearcat BC-350A scanner, a Yaesu VX-6R, a Bearcat BC-246T scanner, and a Yaesu VX-170. I have a Carolina Windom HF antenna and a Ringo Ranger II VHF antenna.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,452

sloop

thanks for the nice comments. The shelf is made from leftover pieces of lumber from the remodeling.
The station had been in a box for 3 months while my wife decided on paneling or sheet-rock, then when it appeared that it was going to take even longer to decide on the paint color....well I had to do something. The station is on a table in the corner of the pantry in the basement.

sloop

Here is the station with the radios on...Not shown (Still in storage) a Cobra CB (sorry but communications is communications!), a couple of scanners, a IC-2AT, FT-101EE, a Swan 1200W, and a VLF receiver. I have been in this hobby since 1971 as WN4UYY.

Attachments

• nc4wx station.jpg
    nc4wx station.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 976

DeadMike

Here is the station with the radios on...Not shown (Still in storage) a Cobra CB (sorry but communications is communications!), a couple of scanners, a IC-2AT, FT-101EE, a Swan 1200W, and a VLF receiver. I have been in this hobby since 1971 as WN4UYY.

Yup that looks cool! :)

CanesFan95

Nothing wrong with having a CB. Despite the resentment from many hams, CB has some advantages over the hammies.

sloop

The desk mike is a MFJ-297 and I picked it up a couple of years back. It works great, never had any problems. Good audio response.

Status
Not open for further replies.