Mystery Data ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy29

I found this frequency (453.7500) is registered to a local bus company. They have two channels, one for their dispatch and then this channel. Attached is a sample of data that is transmitted on the second channel. I think it is GPS. But can someone tell what it is?

Attachments

• Bus Data.zip
    183.7 KB · Views: 37

jim202

I found this frequency (453.7500) is registered to a local bus company. They have two channels, one for their dispatch and then this channel. Attached is a sample of data that is transmitted on the second channel. I think it is GPS. But can someone tell what it is?

Without even listening to the file you have, I would expect it to be data being sent by the bus fleet on their status and location. Many transit agencies use this to keep track of the buss fleet to insure normal operation and on the normal route. Some agencies even have gone further to put transponders along the bus routes and these cause the buses to send their location and status back to the central dispatch. There a computer knows the different routes and can plot each bus location on a large GIS map screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.