NC Roll Call

Wil6

Chuck Williams,KN4KRL from Welcome NC. I have a portable baofeng uv82 and 5r and just purchased a radiodditty gd-73. But I don’t have the means to program it if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks
I mean I don’t have a computer to use

Mikem704

Back after being absent since the end of the analog trunking days. Just bought a BCD436HP. All I can say is WOW!

Mike W4DXL

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Still here, I live in Cabarrus County now. Been working for the local HEMS agency for 7 years. Mainly monitor on various handhelds issued through work and a Unication G5, mostly parked on UASI and VIPER.

Hello everyone, I'm Bryan and I live in Greenville. I am a flight communicator at Vidant Health for the flight service. My current setup is a Uniden BC350C, (4) BCD996T's and a work issued XTS2500 on VIPER. I'm into radios and scanners as well as avaition. I manage a lot of the comms equipment for the flight service and the hospital. Been a member here for a few years, took a little hiatius but I'm active again. Talk to you all soon!

KD4FUN

Premium Subscriber
Kd4fun

Brian KD4FUN, Havelock, Craven County
Kenwood TS-850, Kenwood 570D HF, Heathkit SB 200 Linear in the shack
Kenwood TM-221 VHF - shack
Kenwood TR-9000 all mode VHF - shack
R/S Pro 2050 - Shack Monitor Viper, Craven, Carteret Fire, EMS, Police
Motorola Radius M1225 - Fire Dept radio in the mobile
Icom 706 MII HF Mobile
Icom DSTAR 4100A mobile with Jumbo Spot Hotspot
Bearcat scanner BCD 996 XT mobile
Motorola HT 1550 Fire Dept use
I can be found on the CCARS Repeater 145.150 or oh HF @ 3.923.0 LSB

Last edited:

KO4ZHU

~Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one)
Emmet; KO4ZHU
~Location
Hayesville, NC
~Radios in your shack
Yaesu FT-2400H
Baofeng UV9R+
~What do you monitor on a daily basis?
144.200 MHz, and local repeaters

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
~Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one)
Emmet; KO4ZHU
~Location
Hayesville, NC
~Radios in your shack
Yaesu FT-2400H
Baofeng UV9R+
~What do you monitor on a daily basis?
144.200 MHz, and local repeaters
Hello Emmet- Looks like we are neighbors!

jackkd4vrd

Feed Provider
Update 2022 ... it has been awhile.
~Jack KD4VRD
~Brunswick, NC
~BC780xlt online Columbus county fire/ems VHF feed to Broadcastify w/remote access
~BCD996P2 online Brunswick county police/fire/ems VIPER feed to Broadcastify w/remote access
~ Pro-95, ICOM 737, Yeasu FT-101D, Yeasu VX7R, Kenwood TH78A, Yeasu FT991, BCD325P2, BC365CRS

~Monitor mostly Brunswick county police/Fire/EMS 24/7 and Columbus County. When things happen like hurricanes it may be anything.

mkh

I recently move up from Florida (a year long vacation) and I am living in the Hendersonville NC area. I have my General Ham ticket which I was studying for back when this thread was new.

I am getting active on the local repeaters in Hendersonville as well as on DMR and Dstar. I'm still trying to figure out what Emergency Services I can monitor up here if any. I am really looking forward to getting involved with POTA and SOTA now that I am up here.

Marshall
W4MKH

~Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one) - Robert
~Location - New Hanover County
~Radios in your shack - BCD235XLT, BCD396XLT - RTL-SDR Software Defined Radio USB dongle
~What do you monitor on a daily basis? Brunswick and Pender County, VIPER, and Aeronautical - but starting to focus more now on what I can be able to listen to or digitally monitor with the SDR module. Been wanting to explore SDR for a while now.

lstrawn

Premium Subscriber
Lamar
Asheboro, NC
Baofeng UV5R, KSUN UV78D
Currently about all I get is Randolph Fire Dispatch and a few other fire stations. Every morning I get a few guys on Thomasville repeater, cant remember which one. Just getting into this and RX only now. Wanting to listen to KHBI Asheboro airport but limited RX

Rchdude1

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I'm Randy from Thomasville, NC. I currently have a Baofeng BF-H7 (or know as a Raidoddity GA-510 in CHIRP lol) that I basically just use to listen to Davidson County & Guilford County Fire & EMS (no RX of course) and when I am REALLY bored, I will listen in on the local Thomasville Wal-Mart (154.6000 91.5PL if you're interested) just to hear the local gossip about what happened in the women's department last night or what happened in the parking lot earlier that day or if I'm feeling really mischievous, I might even call for a manager on duty to come to electronics... yeah, I have a exciting life lol. I've had a few Baofengs in the past just to piddle around with but nothing serious, it started out as a "let's see if I can figure this out" kind of thing out of boredom and a few bucks to spare so with some help from others and youtube, I learned just enough to keep me from giving up on it but not so much that have a excuse to go for HAM lol. Best wishes to all!

Mikem704

Hello. I'm Randy from Thomasville, NC. I currently have a Baofeng BF-H7 (or know as a Raidoddity GA-510 in CHIRP lol) that I basically just use to listen to Davidson County & Guilford County Fire & EMS (no RX of course) and when I am REALLY bored, I will listen in on the local Thomasville Wal-Mart (154.6000 91.5PL if you're interested) just to hear the local gossip about what happened in the women's department last night or what happened in the parking lot earlier that day or if I'm feeling really mischievous, I might even call for a manager on duty to come to electronics... yeah, I have a exciting life lol. I've had a few Baofengs in the past just to piddle around with but nothing serious, it started out as a "let's see if I can figure this out" kind of thing out of boredom and a few bucks to spare so with some help from others and youtube, I learned just enough to keep me from giving up on it but not so much that have a excuse to go for HAM lol. Best wishes to all!
Careful those Walmart cops can be rough!

Go for the Ham license, it's not that hard with a little study. You'll meet a lot of good people with similar interests. Lots of interesting things to keep you amused and out of trouble.

Mike

KD4FUN

Premium Subscriber
Kd4fun

Kenwood TS-870 HF in the shack and Kenwood TL 922 Linear...Collins KWM-2 HF Transciever
Bearcat 536 HP Digital scanner Viper, Craven, Carteret Fire, EMS, Police
Icom 4100 Dualband Dstar capable mobile

Motorola Radius CP200 HT - Fire Dept issue
I can be found on the NBARC Repeater on 146.61 mhz or oh HF @ 3.923.0 LSB

KD4FUN

Premium Subscriber
Kd4fun

Kenwood TS-870 HF in the shack and Kenwood TL 922 Linear...Collins KWM-2 HF Transciever
Bearcat - Shack Monitor Viper, Craven, Carteret Fire, EMS, Police
Icom 208H Dualband in the mobile
Bearcat scanner forgot model..in the mobile
Motorola Radius CP200 HT - Fire Dept issue
I can be found on the Carrteret County Repeater on 145.45 mhz or oh HF @ 3.923.0 LSB

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
WROY609
Gary Cumberland County
SDS200/Uniden 996P2/IC-208H and 2ea Motorola's (CDM-1550s) uhf
Conventional Frequencies/Viper for 14 counties/DMR/NXDN/GMRS several repeaters