NC Roll Call

NC1

Jeff
Thomasville
Pro 668 & BCD325P2

I used to enjoy Thomasville PD until they encrypted anything... Guess my favorite now it SHP
Have CB stuff in the spare room hooked up but rarely talk or turn it on anymore.

You are almost right next door to Wil6, who is KN4KRL in Welcome.
He might be a good resource in finding things to monitor in your area.
I'm a little further away but do go to Winston Salem occasionally.

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
Tom here.
Crumpler, NC
Mainly monitor Fire/EMS and local Sheriff's Dept. with a Whistler WS1065 and Uniden BC125AT.

jtdude100

Hey, y'all!

~JT (No callsign, but I am planning on getting a license)
~Raleigh, NC
~Uniden BCD325P2, BF-F8HP
~Monitor anything and everything on the Wake County Trunked Radio System, and I am interested in listening to federal agencies on VIPER

Wirenut620

Premium Subscriber
I have some questions for you, Good sir. I am in the area and have a viper programming question for you if you can help please and thank you!

kf4esh

~Chuck KF4ESH
~St Pauls, NC
~Primary scanner is a Whistler 1065 (also RTL-SDR dongle & BC560XLT)
... (ham equipment is listed on QRZ profile)
~Robeson county, Bladen county, Cumberland county & Hoke county + SHP

Wirenut620

Premium Subscriber
Winston-Salem here as well. I don't do CB but i scan like a mfr! HMU with what's good.
I broadcast my scanner feed to a web-page that covers a lot of agencies. You can tune in anytime on your phone.

KN4HTC

Adam, KN4HTC
Concord, NC

Base station is a UV25x2 for 2m/440 and a Ten Tec Omni D for HF.
Mobile is a UV 25x2 and a Kenwood TK981 for 900mhz.

Debating replacing one of the UV25x2's with separate 2m and 440 radios. I've got a surplus Kenwood TK 7160 and a Motorola M1225 that I'm considering using.

I've got a Uniden BCD325P2 on the way so I have a scanner again. Last one was an old Radio Shack analog trunking scanner that wasn't compatible with the rebanding.

Mainly monitor the local 2m/440 repeaters.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Adam, KN4HTC
Concord, NC

Base station is a UV25x2 for 2m/440 and a Ten Tec Omni D for HF.
Mobile is a UV 25x2 and a Kenwood TK981 for 900mhz.

Debating replacing one of the UV25x2's with separate 2m and 440 radios. I've got a surplus Kenwood TK 7160 and a Motorola M1225 that I'm considering using.

I've got a Uniden BCD325P2 on the way so I have a scanner again. Last one was an old Radio Shack analog trunking scanner that wasn't compatible with the rebanding.

Mainly monitor the local 2m/440 repeaters.

Welcome to the forums and back to the hobby. Hope you will actively contribute information and ask questions if we can help. There are a lot of good people here, you just have to put up with a few smart*** comments every now and then.

KN4HTC

Welcome to the forums and back to the hobby. Hope you will actively contribute information and ask questions if we can help. There are a lot of good people here, you just have to put up with a few smart*** comments every now and then.

I can hang with the best of them when it comes to being a smart***.

Wil6

Chuck Williams,KN4KRL from Welcome NC. I have a portable baofeng uv82 and 5r and just purchased a radiodditty gd-73. But I don’t have the means to program it if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@Wil6 You can use CHIRP to program the radios, you will also need the cable, links to both are below. You will not be able to get the digital channels or the NC State system VIPER with those radios.

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
Chuck Williams,KN4KRL from Welcome NC. I have a portable baofeng uv82 and 5r and just purchased a radiodditty gd-73. But I don’t have the means to program it if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

Chuck go to the radioditty web site. They are offering free programming for the GD-73. Good to hear you on the NC4AR net. K4KKT