Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi guys today i picked up a GRE PSR 800 and ive programmed a few objects into the scanner but how can i delete everthing and start from scrach.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Use ez scan GRE free software to initalize the memory card just to be safe and undo all the changes you made.
There maybe easier ways (delete all objects) but safer to start all over.

SCPD

QRT
I think I corrupted my Sd card I went to browse libary and it said I have to reinstall it how do I do that.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Barrelroll: why don't you call up the place you bought it from? I am guessing you got it from Kris, right? Can't beat his service. He once spent an hour on the phone explaining stuff to me. Real great guy.

Peel Ems is busy as usual, tons of calls tonite.

SCPD

QRT
thanks guys but TAC 3 for peel ems right now and i dont hear i peep EJB what channels are you scanning and getting the most action on?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'm a little confused.. wasn't this member banned?

He was temp banned. Give him a break he did what everyone told him to do and bought a scanner and least people can do is help him program it LIKE YOU WOULD ANY NEW SCANNER USER.

I don't know GRE's so I can't help.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
so anybody what are the busy mississauga cacc talkgroups and btw thanks for
the help guys

I thought that Torontokris would have set it up for you? He does it for free when other retailers charge you>
ffor it.

If not I cant help you, I heard there is a you tube video out there I heard of.

I also thought that the 800 came loaded with an option to enter in what you want, I.E. You go to a county, in our words, the Region of Peel and you would pick Fleetnet.

After you pick Fleetnet you can probably pick and choose the towers that you would be able to get, i.e. Ballinafad, Brittania and King City, and Mowat and then be able to enter in the talkgroups that you want to listen on.

Peel EMS affiliate with the Brittania tower. If you only want to listen to Peel Ems you would enter in the talkgroups that Kris mentioned. They use quandrants now, NW ,NE, SE, SW and a few tac channels for patches. Tac 3 the Halton Tac channel for patches to hospitals.

Anyways, Kris will be able to help you out, if not good luck.

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks so if I hear Mississauga I'd got to a Sw or
SE cuz I'm currently on TAC 1 SE and I don't hear anything!

unlisted

I was passing Peel Region today (twice) and had my psr800- stock memory card programming. (nothing altered)

I added the area (region) and the agency and it came booming through no issues. So, its not an issue with the scanner programming.

Barrelroll- are you sure you reloaded the card correctly? Can you hear anything else (other than peel ems?) If everything you are getting is "dead air" maybe your memory card is still corrupted..

SCPD

QRT
Well I can hear peel fire airports peel police but everything else I can hear except on peel south.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Barrelroll:

Do you ever read what others post? What does Peel North and Peel South mean?

Did I not tell you that Peel uses quadrants, thats 4, to divide up the Ems activities in Peel. In order to hear everything in Peel you have to enter in the 4, talkgroups NW, NE, SE, SW and the tac channels for Peel area hospitals.

Halton, also dispatched by Mississauga, use 35792 for comms and Tac 3 for patches. Halton also uses Tac 1 for special emergencies.

I dont have a 800 and cant help you figure things out but as Unlisted said, he drove thru Peel and there is always a great deal of activity off the Brittania tower for all of the Mississauga CACC talkgroups.

You must be doing something wrong and until you begin to listen and to figure things out you are gonna be shut out.

VE3RADIO

Barrelroll:

Now that your in the scanner club....

Do you think you could host a peel ems tac channel feed? Could you also include mfs dispatch channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.