New Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
O'Hare CPD (TGID 2501) is on-line as of this morning. All CPD dispatching is occurring. RID's 290xxxx series/OCC O'Hare CPD console 2504100.
OCC is still patched to the 800 Mhz analog system until all the radios have been distributed/installed. O'Hare tow trucks, TMA supervisor and (every once in awhile) a beat unit either has an old radio or has the wrong zone on.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
O'Hare CPD (TGID 2501) is on-line as of this morning. All CPD dispatching is occurring. RID's 290xxxx series/OCC O'Hare CPD console 2504100.
OCC is still patched to the 800 Mhz analog system until all the radios have been distributed/installed. O'Hare tow trucks, TMA supervisor and (every once in awhile) a beat unit either has an old radio or has the wrong zone on.
They've been on line for about a week now. Some complaining as expected, some dead spots were found that weren't discovered during testing..as expected. Day-to-day CPD operations are being dispatched though.

I did hear some testing on TGID 2506 (O'Hare CFD). Checking programming on a few radios..132xxxx and 134xxxx series. They might be next to switch.

WiKi updated: Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They've been on line for about a week now. Some complaining as expected, some dead spots were found that weren't discovered during testing..as expected. Day-to-day CPD operations are being dispatched though.

I did hear some testing on TGID 2506 (O'Hare CFD). Checking programming on a few radios..132xxxx and 134xxxx series. They might be next to switch.

WiKi updated: Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25 - The RadioReference Wiki
Changed to Phase 1 this morning.

KB9WUV

I've noticed more complaints operating in phase 2 than phase 1. It looks like they prefer phase 1. Miday did the same thing. Came online phase 2 then switched to phase 1

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed more complaints operating in phase 2 than phase 1. It looks like they prefer phase 1. Miday did the same thing. Came online phase 2 then switched to phase 1
They have a few dead spots and I also noticed that too about the Phase 2. Some is "operator error" and they are experiencing 2 radios keyed together at other times the radios are "hanging up" on either Slot 1 or 2. The other problem is since the OCC is patched to the analog, but the mobiles are not, the OCC is getting two conversations at once. I forsee many of these problems disappearing once the system is fully migrated.