New day and age in AL I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecryar

Geesh. 1st, thank you all again for your advice and help so far. it appears now, even as tech savvy as I thought I was, I will now have to create a self-taught class for myself on trunking systems. Between skimming through manuals and looking at the Win97 software, I have no freakin clue how to set up the one company around here that uses trunking. in due time, self, in due time. :)

joecryar

Set up, for now...

Again, thank you to all with your opinions and advice. The more I read in these forums, the more I'm starting to remember, and as well, the more I have to learn. I've forgotten much more than I thought I did.

In any case, here is a photo of my christmas present to myself. Very simple set up, using handyman's list, adding a few of my own, the radio has been quite busy even with the oem crappy replacement antenna. Plans for the future will include a receiver that is digital capable. After reading all the forums here and on the net in general about building antennas, i will be looking into that next. i have a pole already in place with a tv antenna mounted to it. I'll be rummaging through both garages and shed for items that will help make a decent outdoor setup. 73's to you and yours on this upcoming Christmas!

Attachments

• scanner2.jpg
    scanner2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 164

KMoats

Just a note Etowah Co. 911 453.85 have changed their tone to DC023. Also in addition to Attalla which was on the posted list, Hokes Bluff PD and Southside PD haven't joined the Etowah county blackhole:
Hokes Bluff PD - 154.085
Southside PD - 156.21 CT 162.2
Etowah Co. Rescue Squad - 460.55 DC 032
Calhoun Co. Sheriff still has a simulcast on 155.67 CT 179.9
Good Listening

bamahandyman

Merry christmas guys

Thanks for the extra freqs moat, I didn't have those additions. And joe, nice little setup. Try summit source for an outdoor antenna, they usually have the scantenna and 50' of coax for like 30 bucks or so shipping and all. Merry Christmas everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.