New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I've picked up a lot of new radios today on the Bordentown site mostly in the 47xxx and 48xxx range on TG 3133, did anyone else see the same on the other sites? any testing heard?

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I am only watching ID's on the 800 system, but nothing new showed up there yesterday and I didn't hear anything new or unusual on the PSIC system.

rmosier

I picked up the following:

Site Freq ID Broadcast Description
Netcong 774.2812 1695 Silver alert
Randolph 769.9062 3131 ? He had a pronounced accent.
Randolph 769.4062 3131 ? Same here, think they were speaking “jive”.

Highpockets

I see many here are involved in maping out the new PSIC Network, and some excellent info has been posted. Myself, when the Unit ID feature came out on the new scanners, I spent time trying to name many, well, after spending many hours doing so, I noticed as radios are exchanged when they are repaired or the car/unit is involved in an accident, or even a new car/unit is replaced the Radio ID changes in many cases and before you know it my list was not accurate, so I gave up. I give them generic names now like GSP Car, Troop C Car, (when running Trunk88) trying to get the exact number or the car/unit may take months or even a year to complete. And then I thought, what good is the list and what am I going to use it for.

I myself try to get the best info on TG's and have given up on Unit ID's, they are excellent on a small force of 50 cars or less, but when you get 4-7-10 thousand Cars/trunks, etc., you'll drive yourself nuts trying to keep it up to date.

I give you guys that are recording the Radio ID's a lot of credit, but, who is really looking at it and using the info?

Like I said, that's just the way I look at it. :)

rmosier

Highpockets - Same here. I wanted a list for Parsippany PD (my home town). I didn't spend all that much time on it though. If it were simple to assemble a list that would last it would be cool to have. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

mdragon

Premium Subscriber
I don't find myself caring on an ongoing basis, as you say the details you can tie to Radio ID tend to be minimal and subject to constant change. However, in terms of IDing the new talkgroups and tracking what populations of users are testing and using this new system, I think it's been very useful to be able to say "this range of Radios frequently touches, X, Y, Z TGs, so those must all be North TGs" etc. Or you see that REMU TG Radios show up on the non-REMU TGs during testing so you can tell they're listening to what problems people are having, etc.

Highpockets

Highpockets - Same here. I wanted a list for Parsippany PD (my home town). I didn't spend all that much time on it though. If it were simple to assemble a list that would last it would be cool to have. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Using Trunk88 later you can break down that ID use for a certain TG for the system in the State Wiki, Like:

DOT North Trucks use between 34XXX and 35XXX (example)
DOT South trucks use between 35XXX and 36XXX

Or Fairfield PD uses between 22XXX and 22XXX

FBI (encrypted use between 88XXX and 88XXX

Oh well, maybe I'm out of line here, just my thoughts. :)

Even doing that may take a long time! And Trunk88 does that for you...

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I do keep tack of the id's, but keep things as generic as possible. The NJSP system for the most part is a mess, although there are ranges where things are consistent (such as the portables in the 10000 range).

Many places do however have a system in place that makes sense, Allentown, PA being one of them. There, the portable radio I'd matches the badge number, and the mobile number matches the vehicle number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
Site 124 - Netcong...

Can someone reconfirm site 124 as Netcong? I'm getting it full bars between Newark and Paramus along the GSP and NJTP on a PSR-800 inside the car with no external antenna. Seems to be too good to be true coverage. Especially since I can see the West Orange site a good portion of the drive. It does change over to West Orange as well, but 124 is beating everyone else out for that area.

GM

Premium Subscriber
A few months ago, I sat outside the State Police Barracks in Netcong w/ my PSR 500. I removed the antenna and all five bars were showing there. But as I understand it, Site #'s, frequencies, and such are subject to change as the system rolls out and progresses along.

rmosier

Can someone reconfirm site 124 as Netcong? I'm getting it full bars between Newark and Paramus along the GSP and NJTP on a PSR-800 inside the car with no external antenna. Seems to be too good to be true coverage. Especially since I can see the West Orange site a good portion of the drive. It does change over to West Orange as well, but 124 is beating everyone else out for that area.

Yep. I'm in Mt. Olive and that's def Netcong. I have to have the att on when I use my discone. (Highpockets) - Thank you. Sorry not to get back to you for so long. Still collecting data. Want to be thorough.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks guys...time to do a little more exploring. Either it's part of a simulcast system or they are using the same frequency over in the east. I thought the 800 TRS had a site up on the Empire State Building...I wonder if what I'm hearing on the PSIC is coming off there? If not, then I want to put my repeater up on that tower for the coverage it's putting out !

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks guys...time to do a little more exploring. Either it's part of a simulcast system or they are using the same frequency over in the east. I thought the 800 TRS had a site up on the Empire State Building...I wonder if what I'm hearing on the PSIC is coming off there? If not, then I want to put my repeater up on that tower for the coverage it's putting out !

FYI:

This is a VERY large simulcast system numerous sites throughout the state! Eventually, the current 800 system with be merged with the 700 to make one large statewide system; however, this isn't slated to happen until all subscriber radios go through their normal replacement schedule. Meaning that when they finally phase out the MTS/MCS and older XTS radios under normal replacement, the new equipment will be APX series thus supporting TDMA fully...

The expected timeframe is 3 years or so; always subject to change...

elias1988

Feed Provider
It appears 2205 is Fleetwide for Human Services Police,heard a Silver Alert go over the 800 MHz talkgroup (35632)

Status
Not open for further replies.