New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
You show a transmitter site in sea bright , is that correct?
No. I use Google Maps and have dropped BLUE PINS for all the fixed sites in the State in my account. The green box in Sea Bright is a POI inserted by Google. @GTR8000 has it pinned down perfectly in the above. Thanks.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, East Hanover NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
No. I use Google Maps and have dropped BLUE PINS for all the fixed sites in the State in my account. The green box in Sea Bright is a POI inserted by Google. @GTR8000 has it pinned down perfectly in the above. Thanks.

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to verify. That green box in Sea Bright is The location of my Monmouth county home. Thanks for clarifying.

statewidehq

can anyone explain the very low audio from the dispatchers on the njics system, trying to listen and I get the cars and portables fine in B troop , 2comm, 3comm 4comm 5comm but dispatchers are non readable.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Looks pretty good....I do see East Freehold in there that eventually pop up. I need one in the area as well and at the moment cant get on Kozloski. So maybe that location may work for me down the road.
Rumor is Freehold may be moving to the AT&T tower by the mall

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I am showing Site 40 as a peer of Bordentown. My reception though is very sporadic, can anyone else confirm they see that one?

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Control channel frequency? I'll give it a try around the 73 corridor from Palmyra to Berlin.
If you're out and about perhaps you could check around I-295 and Creek Rd. I've been getting poor reception on the G4 around there for the past few weeks, possibly longer.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Site 40 frequency is 773.78125. No signal in the Edison area. I will check while I am out and about in the Belmar/East Monmouth County area this afternoon.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Sites 16 and 34 currently do not show any Peer to Site 40. I'm going to venture a guess that the site is probably either south or west of Monmouth County area.

iamrftechnj

can anyone explain the very low audio from the dispatchers on the njics system, trying to listen and I get the cars and portables fine in B troop , 2comm, 3comm 4comm 5comm but dispatchers are non readable.
Glad to hear it isn't just me, last night I got to hang with a trooper friend and we listened on his car radio and it sounds extremely low on a trooper radio as well. so its not just scanners. he didnt know enough about radios to question it.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Been using the Berlin repeater to hear Troop C for a long while now. But for the past 3 days I have not heard anything. Haven't change anything on my 996p2.
Brought up troop C on Broadcastify, but it seems like the only transmissions on there were coming from the northern end.
Has there been any changes?

AngerManagement

GTFD #6
Been using the Berlin repeater to hear Troop C for a long while now. But for the past 3 days I have not heard anything. Haven't change anything on my 996p2.
Brought up troop C on Broadcastify, but it seems like the only transmissions on there were coming from the northern end.
I have the whole system programmed in my G5. While at work or home I would typically lock on the Berlin tower since it is approximately 3 to 4 miles away. Right now I am alternating between Bordentown and the STR II Trailer towers.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
See if you can pick up the new Site 40 on CC 773.78125. I have discovered this site comes from the Berlin tower. It seems to broadcast A-5Comm and C-3Comm as well as C-5Comm. I can confirm this site is from Berlin, but NOT Winslow, nor Waterford Works. I'm fairly confident it does not come from Camden either but I'll check for sure tomorrow. I will check 295 North from Mount Laurel over the weekend.