New Mexico DTRS

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Has any else noticed how good 55 Base sounds? I guess Motorola finial got the audio fixed there. Before they were loud and sounded like they were in a helicopter. Now they sound perfect.

The Sunport dispatch really needs some work. That audio is way over modulated. Sounds terrible. Like they don't even care. That is some of the worst audio I have ever heard. It is much worse than the 55 Base Helicoper in the sky.

Now if only AFR would ditch the robo dispatch. That thing sucks. Have you noticed how it randomly spells streets or how it can't even pronounce our street names? It also takes 15 mins to dispatch a call because it just seems to go on and on forever.

mrohrbacher

Borg Central Command
Has any else noticed how good 55 Base sounds? I guess Motorola finial got the audio fixed there. Before they were loud and sounded like they were in a helicopter. Now they sound perfect.

The Sunport dispatch really needs some work. That audio is way over modulated. Sounds terrible. Like they don't even care. That is some of the worst audio I have ever heard. It is much worse than the 55 Base Helicoper in the sky.

Now if only AFR would ditch the robo dispatch. That thing sucks. Have you noticed how it randomly spells streets or how it can't even pronounce our street names? It also takes 15 mins to dispatch a call because it just seems to go on and on forever.

Indeed, it seems as if the dispatch helicopter has finally landed.

CorwinScansNM

the 55 Base Helicoper in the sky.

Hey, do you got a identified TGID by any chance for this Dispatch Helicopter that you are talking about here? I do not have that TGID unless you are referring to (Metro Air Service Unit) with TGID 14632? I personally do not & have not ever hear any Radio Communications for (Metro Air Service Unit) on my SDS200 where I live up here in the Sandia Mountains.

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
Hey, do you got a identified TGID by any chance for this Dispatch Helicopter that you are talking about here? I do not have that TGID unless you are referring to (Metro Air Service Unit) with TGID 14632? I personally do not & have not ever hear any Radio Communications for (Metro Air Service Unit) on my SDS200 where I live up here in the Sandia Mountains.
I believe they are referring to the quality of the Dispatcher's audio as sounding as if they were aboard a helicopter, and not an actual, physical helicopter. APD, BCSO, and NMSP consolidated their aviation operations at Double Eagle, and I believe all can be heard on the system.

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
Guys, what med channels are the hospitals in ABQ using? Are they still using the EDACS ones or the even older UHF? The ones under AFD for DTRS are not being used yet.

Sorry edit, I found the EMSCOM data, can someone tell me what is what 1-10? I know that 9 is AAS.

Last edited:

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
1 UNM
2 ABQ BASE
3 ?
4 VA
5 ?
6 ?
7 Press Hospitals
8 ?
9 ABQ Ambulance
10 ABQ Ambulance
22 Rust Medical in RR
92 ABQ Ambulance East Mountains
102 ABQ Ambulance SF

They are all over the state but these are the ones I know of. I use to know them all. No Hospital is using the DTRS yet. I think they will someday. All Ambulances and Hospitals are using the EMSCOM channels across the state.

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
1 UNM
2 ABQ BASE
3 ?
4 VA
5 ?
6 ?
7 Press Hospitals
8 ?
9 ABQ Ambulance
10 ABQ Ambulance
22 Rust Medical in RR
102 ABQ Ambulance SF

They are all over the state but these are the ones I know of. I use to know them all. No Hospital is using the DTRS yet. I think they will someday. All Ambulances and Hospitals are using the EMSCOM channels across the state.
Thank you sir! I have learned from listening this afternoon that MED 6 is the Heart Hospital.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Thank you sir! I have learned from listening this afternoon that MED 6 is the Heart Hospital.

If you listen to MED 2 or MED 9 you can figure out the ABQ Hospital channels. That is where all the Ambulances Ask for the MED channel for the Hospital.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
1 UNM
2 ABQ BASE
3 ?
4 VA
5 ?
6 ?
7 Press Hospitals
8 ?
9 ABQ Ambulance
10 ABQ Ambulance
22 Rust Medical in RR
102 ABQ Ambulance SF

Probably cost effective to be on the uhf meds since they get patched when requested like el paso on med 2 city wide. Being some are too cheap to pay monthly fees let alone still cry buying analog portables for their operations.

I'm surprised there isn't a wiki for new mexico listing every county or city with a compiled list of users.

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
I'm surprised there isn't a wiki for new mexico listing every county or city with a compiled list of users.
You're always welcome to start one!

Med 5 is on Tesuque for covering Santa fe, Los alamos and Espanola. Med 5 is also used on M mountain covering Socorro. Med 92 is off Tesuque for AAS covering Santa fe and Espanola. Med 102 is off Cedro peak covering the East mountains. Med 3 is off West mesa/Cerro Colorado, and is monitored by the State EOC. Med8D is used for communicating with rotary wing EMS during landing. Med6 is Lovelace, and Med7 is Pres.

CorwinScansNM

Also just for the Information, I do believe that BCFD East Tac 2 with TalkGroup 14616 is & has been using Encryption lately as for I have been hearing strange Noises on this TG & no Voice Communications coming through of any on my Uniden SDS200. It just sounds like somebody blowing Air in their Mic at times or even a Coughing Air Sound I heard on, 09/05/2022 in the Afternoon Hours.

Has anybody else noticed this or been hearing & noticing this as well with BCFD East Tac 2 with TalkGroup 14616?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
14616 is not using encryption!

If you hold on an encrypted TG using your SDS200, it will display ENCRY on the line below the date. When you are scanning, the radio radio is programed to ignore encrypted TGs.

BCFD E TAC 2 is patched to a VTAC 17, thus the clicking sound you are hearing is the VHF repeater opening up cuasing the quick click on 14616.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
If you listen to MED 2 or MED 9 you can figure out the ABQ Hospital channels. That is where all the Ambulances Ask for the MED channel for the Hospital.
For those monitoring the MED channels. If you want to monitor Presb downtown and hear the mobiles/ambulances inbound you must enter the MED-7 mobile frequency along with the base freq. Adding 5Mhz to the base will give you the mobile freq. Not sure if any others are the same way?
I think most are routed thru the repeater with MED-7 being the exception.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
This. Vtac17 has become a interop/event state wide fixed or transportable repeater channel. Many hold licenses on it. It is becoming common to be patched to non vhf systems. Makes life easier when a event or other deal occurs and you just need those on vhf go to vci and go on vtac17 and solves interop issues.... IF they been programmed which any vhf public safety radio in state should have these specially fire.

14616 is not using encryption!

If you hold on an encrypted TG using your SDS200, it will display ENCRY on the line below the date. When you are scanning, the radio radio is programed to ignore encrypted TGs.

BCFD E TAC 2 is patched to a VTAC 17, thus the clicking sound you are hearing is the VHF repeater opening up cuasing the quick click on 14616.