New P-25 System Tippecanoe County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggiedog

Does anyone have any control channel or frequency information for the new P-25 system in Lafayette/Tippecanoe County? Most users have migrated to this now. I do not see anything in the database.

Thanks

Maggiedog

Disregard my post. Found it in the database with the misc trunked systems.

Thanks

bleazenb

Tippecanoe county P25

Did you get the new system to work? Trying to program the new P25 system into my uniden BCD996t and can get the system to track

Maggiedog

Yes I have. I used the control channel freq in the RR database. However the system is simulcast using three different towers. Thus there is some digital distortion, but my GRE PSR-500 seems to be handling it fairly well. A few garbles and drop-outs, but overall tolerable. Unfortunately I do not know much about programming a Uniden product, so I am afraid I am probably not much help.

joker

Using FreeSCAN, set it up using "P25 Standard (Digital XT)" as the system type, and enter the three control channel trunk frequencies from the database. This is working for me. Note I put my scanner in ID search mode until I had all of the desired talk group IDs programmed back in.

Go-24

Tippecanoe P25

I haven't been listening to the scanner as much as I did a years ago so I am clueless about the new p25 system in Tippecanoe county.

When did they start using it?

Which agencies are using the new system?

I still hear plenty of traffic on the old system, so curious if they eventually will all go to the new one?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I haven't been listening to the scanner as much as I did a years ago so I am clueless about the new p25 system in Tippecanoe county.

When did they start using it?

Which agencies are using the new system?

I still hear plenty of traffic on the old system, so curious if they eventually will all go to the new one?

It came online and began use about a week or 2 ago. Everyone uses it. SO, PDs, FDs, PU.
Very soon, the old system will go away as everyone transitions.

Go-24

Thanks for the info!

Downloaded the new system and uploaded it to my 396 - its scrolling through all the channels never hitting on anything :(

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Did you load it correctly as p25 not Moto and set the site correctly?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Go-24

Used Arc396Pro - preselected option from the system download from RR is displayed as Motorolo APCO25

Go-24

Reloaded again, and still wasn't working - then I had a bright idea - go upstairs instead of in the basement .... ROFL! Works just fine! Now to shop for a better antenna - HAH!

W9THR

Member- long time listener, first time caller
Premium Subscriber
Tippecanoe 853.8375c 851.050a 857.7375a 853.1125 853.5875 858.7375

I would think that you put those freqs in that order, it should work.......

Steve

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
I need some assistance getting Tippecanoe's New System working on my Grecom PSR-500. I had the old system setup really nice. I tried changing it over to P25 Auto and adding the new system frequencies but not sure what to set the trunk tables too.

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, so in win500 I just leave the trunk tables tab set to none? I must of spent 3 hours trying to get, I will just keep trying.

n9nwo

I have a HP-1. I have updated the firmware and downloaded the database. Still nothing on the Tippecanoe trunk system. Plus I have over 2000 channels.

Any suggestions?

Maggiedog

The new system is simulcast using three different towers. The overall signal quality is weaker on scanners given digital distortion. There are many more scanner dead spots. Might just try moving the scanner to different locations to see if you pick up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.