New TRBO system help! (Scanner Programming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been tasked with figuring out how to program a businesses moto trbo system into a BCD436HP scanner. The only place witch references the freqs for this system is the FCC listing. the FCC of course does not give things like which LCN is which, Color Codes, TGIDs etc. How can I go about using the scanner to find all of this and thus program the system into the radio? The radio system is for Schaeffler Group USA Inc. out of Wooster, Ohio. The contact on the FCC page is for the owner of the TRIconneX Connect Plus system in Ohio.

It seams at this point that they are not using any of the channels that the FCC says that they have. I ran lcn finder for a long time and confirmed 0/20 lcn's. I am currently running a conventional discovery in the range that there freqs were supposed to be. So far I have 14 hits and 12 were DMR/TRBO. I will make another system with them and re run the test.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
First, monitor the frequecies in conventional mode like you did. note the mode - dmr will be a one freq trunk vs. con+, cap+, DIII systems will be programmed as trbo in your scanner. Note the color code - as a general rule of thumb (there are a few exceptions) frequencies with the same color code will be from the same site. Program the frequencies into a dmr system leaving the lcn alone for now. Program the color code and turn id to search. You should be able to run the lcn finder from there. I do not have that scanner so someone else will have to help with that.
Hope that helps

Ubbe

You can enter all those frequencies in one common DMR one frequency system and use ID search and you will hear any conversation in the system. It helps if each frequency are entered as one site with the name tag the same as the frequency as it will be easier to see what frequency that have activity. If you never hear anything it means that LCN finder will not work as it needs active conversations to determine what the LCNs are. When running LCN finder you do that to a system that are programmed as MotoTrbo Trunked and put all frequencies in one site.

/Ubbe

So I got ahold of one of the HTs from the business for 24 hours. I used my Hack RF sdr to find the outputs of the radio. *Channel outputs are listed from one to 16. All except for CH 12 are on the license page from the FCC. The channels listed as NA were not on the TX side of the HT, but are on the license. Not sure what to take of this system as the TG for each channel was 100 and CH1 and CH8 would not key up like the others. It would send two short blips and that was all. I could hear myself talking on the other channels. On SDR# I could see that the radio was sending data at about 50% duty cycle. I am assuming that's because it is only using one time slot. Also I could see on the scanner that it was DMR. *See Excel file. LUK DMR Excel | talbizle

RRR

Premium Subscriber
The "Short blips" were it searching for a repeater. The ones you could readily talk on are simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.