TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy, I checked and it is sending out both MP3 and AMR files, the Verizon and Sprint customers are getting AMR and MP3 Files its just the AT&T that is blocking both MP3 and AMR. I don't understand why it works on the 2 other computers fine but refuses to work on this one with remote hosting.

Are you using the same email account to send from using all three computers?

Andy

iamhere300

What software are you using for the feeds? Are you sure you have the correct input source selected for each instance of that software, and that you're not using (for example) the "Microsoft Sound Mapper" for the input?

/QUOTE]

Scannercast. The one included withthe feeds.

I am leaning towards a common ground issue. the audio feeding tw tone detect is also coming over the scanner feed

emt603

Feed Provider
No, each department has there own dedicated Gmail account that is used exclusively for TTD. Each one has 2-step verification with a machine based password. When you go to the sent folder in Gmail it shows that both files were emailed out.

danielhp89

Running Version 65 and have had no issues except for one firefighter that is receiving his texts 20-60 minutes after everyone else. He can be standing next to someone on the same carrier with the same phone and they will get theirs but his wont come in till later. Any ideas here?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
No, each department has there own dedicated Gmail account that is used exclusively for TTD. Each one has 2-step verification with a machine based password. When you go to the sent folder in Gmail it shows that both files were emailed out.

I would suspect that for some reason the email account that's giving you issues is being blocked by AT&T as spam. Could you try setting that computer up with one of the email accounts that is working, just to isolate the issue?

Andy

Feed Provider
AT&T

I have used v65 and V67 The issue out of the blue is I have 2 people with Iphone 5s not getting pages. Used to work as amr then stopped switched to MP3 which worked then has now stopped. Carrier is straight talk at&t. Have had now problems for years now its a issue. Nothing has changed everyone else is still getting pages ok. Any one else having this problem??

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my corrupted config file. When I try to run Twotonedetect or Tone Editor neither will start. I have gone over my tone file with no obvious glitches. Below is the output of the Debug for Twotone and ToneEditor.

C:\Users\Motomeso\Desktop\TwoToneDetect64>twotonedetect64_debug
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 248, in readtonefile
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoTon
eDetect64_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.compat", line 99, in read
MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: tones.cfg, line: 1
'\xff\xfe[\x00T\x00o\x00n\x00e\x001\x00]\x00\r\x00\n'
File "<string>", line 257, in <module>
NameError: global name 'tonesets' is not defined

C:\Users\Motomeso\Desktop\TwoToneDetect64>TonesEditor7_debug
File "<string>", line 165, in <module>
File "<string>", line 151, in readtones
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TonesE
ditor7_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.compat", line 99, in read
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TonesE
ditor7_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.ini", line 565, in _readfp
ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: tones.cfg, line: 1
'\xff\xfe[\x00T\x00o\x00n\x00e\x001\x00]\x00\r\x00\n'

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Found the issue. Saved it as ANSI and then found a few "?" in the email addresses that weren't there before. Not sure how that came about but I'm glad its fixed.

Feed Provider
Any one else having issue with straight talk (AT&T) phones not getting pages anymore? Test pages will work only version 65 and 67. will not work using amr or mp3

Feed Provider
Also what is this error in version 67?
File "<string>", line 204, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

That error message also appears in the top of the log file for v67.

DC31

Feed Provider
Any one else having issue with straight talk (AT&T) phones not getting pages anymore? Test pages will work only version 65 and 67. will not work using amr or mp3

It sounds like you may have been blacklisted as a spammer by either straightalk or ATT. Do you have any pure ATT (not Straightalk) subscribers? Are alerts getting through to them? Try sending from a different email address.

Feed Provider
DC31 yes I have pure at&t also verizon, straight talk (verizon side) they all work. I have straight talk (At&t) that works with people using the old sim cards under the old apn settings. The newer straight talk cards with the new apn are the ones not working all of a sudden. I can send a test from the admin email and they get in but when a page goes through they are not getting it. Thats what I can't figure out.

gerrycah

Premium Subscriber
Same Issue

At&T normal subscribers, myself included, are not getting the pages. Gmail states the texts and files have been sent. Verizon and others still get the pages? Now for the kicker- I am a coordinator and have a couple other towns set up, I am the only one on them and I do receive the pages, same software - same computer. Now that I threw that glitch in - any comments??

DC31

Feed Provider
DC31 yes I have pure at&t also verizon, straight talk (verizon side) they all work. I have straight talk (At&t) that works with people using the old sim cards under the old apn settings. The newer straight talk cards with the new apn are the ones not working all of a sudden. I can send a test from the admin email and they get in but when a page goes through they are not getting it. Thats what I can't figure out.

I ran into lots of deliverability problems starting in the last few months. It is like all the carriers upgraded their spam filters. Suddenly, emails from TTD (sent from gmail) to my gmail email account were even landing in the Junk Mail folder. Lots of complaints from all sorts of users. I signed up for an SMTP relaying service and that seems to have corrected most of the problems (the only exception is Sprint users, they still don't get them). serversmtp.com has a free service for up to 200 emails a day. I signed up for that and blew through those emails in a few hours. It turns out that I average about 300-400 emails a day. No wonder the spam detectors were targeting me. You can't sign up for the relaying service with a gmail or yahoo or other pretty much public email address. They want you to have an email address that matches your website address and have some other hoops to jump through to make sure that you are not a spammer. Another service I ran into is called sendgrid.com. I don't have any experience with that one.

My account shows that I have sent 5584 TTD emails since Feb. 5 and 5576 of them were delivered. The undelivered ones show why they weren't delivered. I was not delivering to Tmobile phones. I contacted SMTP's customer support and they did some magic and suddenly they started working.

Fire2104

I believe that this would require that you upload the audio file to a server and then also post a link to that file on your facebook page. I have a simple python script that uploads the audio file to an FTP server if that would help you get started.

Jim

I've been using Audioboom.com. My TTD emails to an Audioboom.com email adress associated with my account and that auto posts it to the Facebook account. I did it awhile ago so I'm not sure on the step by step. I also use a dedicated FB page but that shouldn't matter. Here's the FB page if you want to check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/CBFireAlerts[/QUOTE]

Suddenly audioboom is now making users sign up for a free account to listen to audio posted on a Facebook page.......I have sent them a support request to see what their answer to this is

drewhahn

Premium Subscriber
playback during record

I'm using 60a on two RPis. How does playback_during_record work? Does it pipe the input audio to the playback channel for record_seconds number of seconds? I haven't been able to get it to work yet and want to make sure I'm expecting the right thing.

I'm hoping for the following:

1. Output of Pi is wired to a fixed-volume overhead speaker.
2. alert_command plays a warble tone for four seconds using aplay.
3. alert_command then closes a contact which turns all the lights on in the building.
4. Dispatch audio is passed through the speaker for 30 seconds (my record_seconds duration).

Right now, 1-3 works. I'm looking for confirmation on #4.

Thanks!

--drew

DC31

Feed Provider
I'm using 60a on two RPis. How does playback_during_record work? Does it pipe the input audio to the playback channel for record_seconds number of seconds? I haven't been able to get it to work yet and want to make sure I'm expecting the right thing.

I'm hoping for the following:

1. Output of Pi is wired to a fixed-volume overhead speaker.
2. alert_command plays a warble tone for four seconds using aplay.
3. alert_command then closes a contact which turns all the lights on in the building.
4. Dispatch audio is passed through the speaker for 30 seconds (my record_seconds duration).

Right now, 1-3 works. I'm looking for confirmation on #4.

Thanks!

--drew

Drew! It is good to see you back here again!

Yes, you are correct on No. 4. I did it a year or so ago and remember that it could get confusing about whether the output was expected from the pi's audio jack or whether it was supposed to come out the earphone jack on the sound card. I think it was the Pi's jack. You might run into conflicts with the warble tone running two audio feeds at the same time.

v61 and subsequent releases have dynamic record time so you would get audio until silence is detected if you have a release_time parameter specified.

Aren't you opening the doors also? Or at least an electric striker plate on a personnel door?