• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Ver G2-G5 PPS 4.0 (V0.4.0.30) is out.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
You import the systems/sites/talkgroups into the Public Resource Manager Tab C-1, not into the pager, to start, then you use that information in tab E-2 to import into the new CP

Yes that is what it is saying, create a new CP from the information in the PRM on tab C-1
Got it! Thank you for clarifying for me.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
On behalf of Unication, I would sincerely like to thank all of you for creating the instruction manual for PPS 4.0 that we should have written, but apparently didn't have the time to do. :rolleyes:

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if someone may be willing to refresh my memory on the correct sequence when doing a firmware upgrade for a G5. I recall that the now missing autoup page had a video that indicated you need to import your profile into the new PPS and transfer that to the pager PRIOR to or AFTER running the FW upgrade program, but I don’t remember which. Currently my pager is on FW 1.20 and I have the FW1.33 update program downloaded to my PC. I have my profile loaded into PPS 4.0.
Do I transfer the profile to the pager first before running the FW updater program or afterward?
Thanks!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
You import the systems/sites/talkgroups into the Public Resource Manager Tab C-1, not into the pager, to start, then you use that information in tab E-2 to import into the new CP
@RaleighGuy Can you clarify what 'import' means? Background:
  • My G4 is now upgraded from v1.40 to v1.33 (i.e. I'm now done with the closed multi system scanning beta) and also running PPS V0.4.0.30.
  • I created a new CP profile, which is now empty.
  • And I was also able to load the profile I used in my scanning beta. Everything loaded ok in PPS v4 and the pager, but it's still using the old style of TG organization, i.e. nothing is set up in the Customer Public Resource Manager, as expected.
My question: so is there a way to pull systems/sites/TGs from my old profile into into the CPRM, and begin organizing them the right way? I can't even see a way to pull in my systems and sites. I only have 4 so it's not a big deal to recreate them, but I want to make sure I haven't missed an automated import step to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@RaleighGuy Can you clarify what 'import' means? Background:
Sure, import means you enter/load the information manually, from a csv file or from the Radio Reference database into tab C.

@RaleighGuy
My question: so is there a way to pull systems/sites/TGs from my old profile into into the CPRM, and begin organizing them the right way?
No, as the Unication announcement said, you need to create a new CP with new information from the PRM.

kd5knr

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the current release of the G Series PPS (G2-G5 PPS 4.0 V0.4.0.30) is missing support for the model G5B64BF-SXUCEN1400UNI, While the software does see it as a connected device, it is not offered as a choice The software doesn't recognize/advertise it as an available model when attempting to select the model number. There is an option for G5B64BF-SXUCEN1400UNI, but not 1400.

Mmoratelli

Premium Subscriber
We just received a notice from Unication that 0.4.03 See below notes.

ANNOUNCING NEW PPS VERSION 4.0 (G2-G5 P25 VOICE PAGERS)

Introducing new and improved programming software (PPS) for Unication’s G2-G5 P25 Voice Pagers. PPS 4.0 may look similar, but this new version is designed to make programming G-Series pagers a more user friendly and intuitive experience. PPS 4.0 will be the current PPS going forward.

NEW PPS 4.0 KEY FEATURES:

• Customer Public Resource Manager - This is where all systems, custom alerts and custom voice prompts are stored. All three can be easily added to any Code Plug (CP) file you are building.
  • TGID's are now stored with the system they belong to. You will only see the appropriate ID's when selecting a P25 system.*
  • Ability to open more than one CP file at a time.
  • Ability to copy and paste system and TGID's from one CP file to another.
*In order to have ID's separate with the appropriate system, you will need create a new CP file. Importing into the new 4.0 PPS will store all IDs together. We highly recommend taking the time to import all your systems into the Public Resource manager, it is worth the effort.

Download PPS 4.0 (V0.4.0.30):
Downloads- G2-G5 P25 Voice Pager | Unication USA

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

• New units shipped June 2023 and after can ONLY be programmed using PPS version 4.0 and do not support programming with any past PPS versions.
  • New PPS 4.0 is compatible with old and new pagers and will be the current PPS for all G-Series G2-G5 Pagers moving forward.
  • CP Files created in older PPS versions can be converted to the new PPS 4.0

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Unication USA, Inc.
anyone know how to adjust the alert recording time on v4? im getting alert tone but its only capturing the tone and no dispatch info? thank you

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So much for importing an existing codeplug into the new version. It imported OK, but as soon as I started trying to do stuff the program started flinging errors left and right; like an earlier poster I had to use Task Mangler to shut it down.

I know the announcement said you have to create from scratch with this new PPS, but I figured it was worth a try anyway.

Time to take a stab a creating a new codeplug. The old one was pretty messy anyway.....

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yup, doesn't work at importing complicated programming from V3.x. The software doesn't even list my G5V's model number: my last 4 digits are 1400; the closest model number's last 4 digits are 1401.

eorange

Using the new PPS, I was able to import the CP I used with the v1. 40 multi site scanning beta, including the multi site zones. Of course that doesn't work with the v1. 33 firmware, but still...

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Using the new PPS, I was able to import the CP I used with the v1. 40 multi site scanning beta, including the multi site zones. Of course that doesn't work with the v1. 33 firmware, but still...
I had an error trying to import my codeplug to my G4 with the new PPS, using the old PPS till it's fixed

eorange

Yeah. Obviously there's some field with a certain character or value that the new PPS doesn't handle well.

texas1313

Premium Subscriber
I imported my existing profile into PPS V4 and wrote it to my G5. Everything seemed to go well, no errors, and the G5 appeared to program OK. I didn't have a lot of time to test the radio to verify everything right away, but I did discover what appears to be the same error others have discussed here.

I have a knob position to monitor a single P25 Trunking talk group for all traffic, and on the next position it monitors the same talk group, but with the binding feature set to "sub-group feature" and the sub-group to monitor for the "warble" tones, which makes the pager alert and then monitor that talk group for a period of time and record. It also monitors for the "channel marker" tones and monitors the talk group as long as the channel marker is being transmitted. The nice feature about this I can listen to everything on that talk group, and if don't want to hear everything and only monitor for emergency traffic, I set it to the second position. It has been working great for years.

However, after programming with V4, on the second knob position, all traffic is heard on that talk group, even though the P25 Sub Group "alternatives" is disabled. It still alerts to the tones, but all traffic is passed all the time, instead of remaining silent until the tones are heard. So that alerting feature is somehow broken with V4.

I also have some conventional VHF 2-tone paging settings, and will test those over the weekend to see if similar settings (Monitor Mode and Selective Call) are working correctly.

In the meantime, fortunately the previous PPS V3 was still installed, so I use it to reprogram the G5 and go back in time a week, and all is normal.

Hopefully that's a bug that can be easily fixed by changing a 1 to a 0 or 0 to a 1 in the coding. :unsure:

blackbelter

While the new PPS would help better organize the talk groups within each system , there should be a work around for users to import their information without losing features . I look forward to the new PPS and future firm wares, however in my opinion , reprogramming each pager from scratch does not sound appealing .

texas1313

Premium Subscriber
Unication has said importing existing profile will cause some features not to work, they have strongly recommended creating a new V4 PPS CP.
Their announcement stated "CP files created in older PPS versions can be converted to the new PPS 4.0", which is what I did, and apparently, they didn't convert 100%.

I did see that to really take advantage of the V4 features (Customer Public Resource Manager), I'll need to rebuild everything from scratch. I have multiple trunked and non-trunked regional systems, zones, talkgroups, and setting in each knob position that will take a while re-create. I'll need to build multiple csv files with all the systems, talkgroups, features, etc. Not a big deal, but it will take me some time. I should be able to open V3 and V4 simultaneously and compare settings. It should be worth in the long run, and make things more "efficient" as I add frequencies and/or talk groups for various systems in the region. With the V3 PPS, there's no easy way to group things together.

eorange

Unication has said importing existing profile will cause some features not to work, they have strongly recommended creating a new V4 PPS CP.
Right, I'm just saying PPS didn't explode with my old profile. I created a new profile and slowly populating that going forward.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else receiving the UAC warning for "unknown publisher" upon opening 4.0? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with UAC set to second notch from the bottom.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I tried programming my new g5 with v4 and it wouldn't do it without using 1.34 which in my case the whole p25 800 band kept saying
"out of range", worked fine when using 700 band or conventional. I used v3.16 and 1.33 it's working fine. edited: No idea what's going on but I used 1.33 because 1.34 wasn't working and now it's telling me I have 1.34? Very confusing

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: