• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Ver G2-G5 PPS 4.0 (V0.4.0.30) is out.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Out of RANGE usually is a SYSid, WACN, RFSS or SITE number issue where something's been entered incorrectly. That was the fix when these things first came out a few years back. There must have been dozens I talked with to check those settings that got it back to normal. Also, I must be lucky. I finally got the new PPS 4.0 to actually download *had trouble with browser stopping it all* Once opened I simply hooked my G5 pager up by the USB and chose "Read from device" and created a new profile THAT way. It's been working perfectly fine instead of doing everything all over again by scratch. Changed some things around to confirm it saving the changes. There sure are a lot of nooks and crannies in this version much harder to find than the old ways. Glad I was able to create a profile filled in by the device so I can learn where things go, etc.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else receiving the UAC warning for "unknown publisher" upon opening 4.0? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with UAC set to second notch from the bottom.
Yes. Unication covered that way back when these Pagers came out. They said go ahead and don't worry about that and download anyway. We all have done that with that hyper-sensitive UAC warning and it's fine to do it. IT has to do with them not signing their downloads with digital signatures or some thing. Don't worry about it.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Out of RANGE usually is a SYSid, WACN, RFSS or SITE number issue where something's been entered incorrectly. That was the fix when these things first came out a few years back. There must have been dozens I talked with to check those settings that got it back to normal.

Seems odd because I used the exact settings in 4.0 that I did in 3.16 yet they won't work with 4.0 but fine with 3.16. I'll try one more time and copy it from the radio.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
That is weird. I read about issue people were having. I simply hooked my G5 Pager up by USB and made a new profile *that was from the last PPS on the Pager* by UPLOADING from DEVICE. Saved it all and it's working. Got lucky

picscan

Premium Subscriber
That is weird. I read about issue people were having. I simply hooked my G5 Pager up by USB and made a new profile *that was from the last PPS on the Pager* by UPLOADING from DEVICE. Saved it all and it's working. Got lucky

Okay, this time it worked but I had to create a new profile on 3.16 then upload to my G5 then go to 4.0 and copy to that and upload to the G5 again.👍🏼

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Unication covered that way back when these Pagers came out. They said go ahead and don't worry about that and download anyway. We all have done that with that hyper-sensitive UAC warning and it's fine to do it. IT has to do with them not signing their downloads with digital signatures or some thing. Don't worry about it.
It's not so much worrisome as it is an additional unnecessary step. I get the UAC warning whenever I open 4.0. I can understand receiving this message on installation, but not when opening the already installed program. Anyway, I've not had this happen on earlier versions of PPS and so it's a point of curiosity.

Hit_Factor

It's not so much worrisome as it is an additional unnecessary step. I get the UAC warning whenever I open 4.0. I can understand receiving this message on installation, but not when opening the already installed program. Anyway, I've not had this happen on earlier versions of PPS and so it's a point of curiosity.
I get the message to. I don't like elevating the privilege and it shouldn't be necessary.

I remember seeing in one of their videos where they say right click and run as administrator. My though then, and remains now, is the programming team doesn't know how to deal with Windows security.

Just in case have you seen this before? Automatically fix Windows security issues - Microsoft Support

texas1313

Premium Subscriber
Noticed something else while programming with PPS V3 and V4:

When you set up a "Normal Scan", V3 let you put in more than 16 channels (although the instruction said at most 16 channels can be added).

V4 strictly limits you to 16 channels.

Now I'm wondering if V3 only scanned the first 16 channels? :unsure: I had one setting with 30 channels, although they were statewide so I really wouldn't hear anything on them unless I was traveling all over the state.

apu

Is it possible to import (from RadioReference) an update to a trunked system that was created in the Customer Public Resource Manager?

For example, I've imported the NJ ICS but only some of the talkgroups of interest. Now, I want to re-import the system adding some additional talkgroups that either I wasn't originally interested in or that maybe didn't exist in the system when I first did the import.

And, is it possible to update a trunked system that is in a radio profile after the public resource has been updated, whether manually or from Radio Reference? Or does that have to get updated manually as well?

texas1313

Premium Subscriber
With the limited testing I've done so far, I think the answer is yes. However, when you re-import a file, it appears to overwrite everything, and all the talkgroup settings for the knob positions in the zones and channels get erased.

I discovered that the hard way after programming about 8 zones, then exporting the Talk Groups to a CSV file, deleting a sorting some of the talk groups, and then re-importing the CSV file. I was hoping to clean up my talk group list.

The talk groups can be sorted by right-clicking on the "Group Alias" field in E2 (P25 Trunking System Setting), so that is how I've been sorting things.

When you import a CSV file, the PPS gives you the option to "delete all old data" which overwrites everything. I don't know yet if importing a CSV file appends to what is already there and doesn't overwrite what you have programmed.

BlueHillsFire

Premium Subscriber
We cannot duplicate your issue.
I just saw this response. Thank you for checking this out. Not sure why you are seeing different results but I can assure you that it was an issue for me. Thanks for the updated PPS. The ability to group TGIDS with the associated Trunked System is a game changer.

BlueHillsFire

Premium Subscriber
New PPS on website

Current PPS Programming Software: 4.0 (V0.4.0.31)​

Thanks RaleighGuy. I really wish there was a change log to see what's been changed. Do you know or can you point me to that info? Appreciate you.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks RaleighGuy. I really wish there was a change log to see what's been changed. Do you know or can you point me to that info? Appreciate you.

New PPS Version V00-04-00_Beta31.

IMPORTANT: Export your profile(s) from V30. Import them with V31. All Public resource data will be automatically imported.

Release Notes:
V00-04-00_Beta31 2023/06/28

1. Added the Australia country option to the parameter import feature in Radio Reference.
2. Resolved the issue causing parameter programming failure when entering single or double quotation marks in Knob Alias.
3. Implemented a data input validation mechanism on the user interface, automatically restoring the field's default value if the entered data format does not meet the requirements.
4. Fixed the issue of displaying blank lines in the Home Screen Detail view.
5. Resolved the problem of importing P25 Trunking System parameters from Radio Reference data when there are two Control CH frequencies with different bands.
6. Set the default values in the Private Call ID configuration screen (including Trunking SUID) of a new Profile as follows: Alert Mode - Tone (default), Alert Tone - None (default).
7. Set the default values for a new Profile as follows: All ID - Alert Mode: Tone (default), Alert Tone: None (default).

BlueHillsFire

Premium Subscriber

IMPORTANT: Export your profile(s) from V30. Import them with V31. All Public resource data will be automatically imported.

Release Notes:

1. Added the Australia country option to the parameter import feature in Radio Reference.
2. Resolved the issue causing parameter programming failure when entering single or double quotation marks in Knob Alias.
3. Implemented a data input validation mechanism on the user interface, automatically restoring the field's default value if the entered data format does not meet the requirements.
4. Fixed the issue of displaying blank lines in the Home Screen Detail view.
5. Resolved the problem of importing P25 Trunking System parameters from Radio Reference data when there are two Control CH frequencies with different bands.
6. Set the default values in the Private Call ID configuration screen (including Trunking SUID) of a new Profile as follows: Alert Mode - Tone (default), Alert Tone - None (default).
7. Set the default values for a new Profile as follows: All ID - Alert Mode: Tone (default), Alert Tone: None (default).
Very much appreciated sir! Thank you.

blackbelter

Release Notes:

According to my dealer its best to program the pager from scratch If you have a profile with more than one system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Release Notes:

According to my dealer its best to program the pager from scratch If you have a profile with more than one system.

Posted on Wednesday in this thread. Totally agree with your dealer unless you already created a new codeplug in 4.30, then it isn't required.

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had success with importing UID's? I figured I'd give the new PPS a try and it's not looking too promising. I started to build a new profile and imported all the talk groups and sites from RR with no issue. I'm running into a roadblock with UID's. I made a csv file and tried to import, but was met with a format error message. I figured I'd try to generate one on PPS, export, add to it, and import it back into PPS. I ended up getting the same error message.
Have you had any success in importing the .csv file? I also have a lot of uids that I want to try to transfer when I start transitioning to V4. The idea of manually entering those is not appealing at all.