New York City DOITT (UHF) Public Safety Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonies

nyc doitt uhf

You might be referring to the p25 system for the fdny? This is not up and running yet. The regular doitt 800 system has been running for many years. Just program under trunked mode,select motorola and enter ALL control frequencies.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
That info is outdated.
New system is C820

Check out
WQFH241
WQFH243

CC has been on 483.51875 last few days.

Came up with the following
Base =482.000
Step=6.25
Offset=380

captmfa7112

Premium Subscriber
Interesting

Just an update for all those who are interested, they have started testing an automated voice dispatch on the new TRS. Not sure how long it's going to last but just an FYI

daparker_nyc

no voice heard

I programmed this new system into my scanner using the Base =482.000, Step=6.25,
Offset=380 data. Tuning manually to the CC, I am getting a very strong signal. From time-to-time I see a numbered talkgroup (5664) and a voice channel identified on the screen but I hear nothing. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Doug

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
You won't hear anything locked onto the CC. You need to scan or search to hear something.. I was tracking the TG no problem yesterday.

daparker_nyc

I understand that I need to have the scanner on scan rather than manually on the CC. I was just trying to make the point that the CC signal was very strong. I have no problems with the current DoITT trunking system or any other Motorola or EDACS system programmed in my Pro 96. I'll have to keep fiddling with it.

Doug

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
daparker_nyc;

Your settings are correct. Set the bank to open if it's not, that way you will hear everything. I havn't heard anything on the TRS since the other day, so you won't be able to confirm anything.

CqDx

There are keyups every now and then, mostly during "business hours" though :)

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
For Digital Users. Try the TG 32880 it's DOITT Radio Techs.
This is the same TG on the 800 system, so maybe in the end it will be linked together and use affliations to determine which system to rebroadcast over.

daparker_nyc

My settings must not be correct. As before, I can see a talkgroup number (554 or 32880) displayed on screen and a voice channel frequency but hear no communications. I tried entering manually the VC that was displayed and heard nothing either.
Doug

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
What was the VC you were seeing????

Also on the Pro96. Try this.
F-Trunk
F-3 Select "Table"
F-2 Check you base and everything.

My guess would be the Table option is set wrong, you might have it set to normal.

daparker_nyc

The setting was for "Normal." I changed it to "Table" and will check it out on Monday when I return to my lower Manhattan office. For some reason the CC signal is very poor in my apartment on the UWS.
Thanks for your advice.

Doug

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
The Control Channels are:

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I would just put the system in by hand. The info in the database shows a P25 system with multiple sites. This is not how the system is setup..

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Charles..

Those are linked to the old callsign. If you look over them you will see that 483.51875 isn't even listed. As well if you use trunked or unitrunk you will see which freqs are in use and can match them up to the callsigns below.

The current ones are:
WQFH241
WQFH243

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
tbendick said:
I would just put the system in by hand.
Ok Do I put in all the freqs from all the sites into one system???

tbendick said:
The info in the database shows a P25 system with multiple sites.
What is it ? mot type II ?

tbendick said:
This is not how the system is setup..
Any help is much appreciated. Can we have some who knows this system setup submit it to the database moderators so it will be corrected???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.