NJICS/ 700 Reception

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ASTRO Site Repeater, aka a standalone trunked site. I've always felt that it should've really been termed ASTRO Repeater Site, as ASR sounds like it's a single repeater at a site. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: "standalone" simply meaning not part of a simulcast cell, but rather a single RF site. It can and usually is connected to the rest of the system, carrying whatever traffic it needs to carry, so it's not "standalone" in that sense. Back in the 4.1 days they were referred to as IntelliRepeater sites (IR), however the modern ASR is a fully capable site and is otherwise indistinguishable from an simulcast cell as far as functionality and features.

evilgriff

"Note that if you already have the NJICS in a Favorites List, that does not get updated with the database update, you have to delete your old list and append the system again."

This was the key. I didn't know this. Everything was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. I deleted everything on the SD card and started over. Now it picks up under the 700 Law Enforcement banner. I don't know which site it is receiving from or how to tell, but it is working.
Thank you for your help.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
"Note that if you already have the NJICS in a Favorites List, that does not get updated with the database update, you have to delete your old list and append the system again."

This was the key. I didn't know this. Everything was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. I deleted everything on the SD card and started over. Now it picks up under the 700 Law Enforcement banner. I don't know which site it is receiving from or how to tell, but it is working.
Thank you for your help.
YouTube again. Of course you want to edit NJICS. I suggest turning off each and every site except the only one you will use when located at one place and not mobile. Turn off each site except Morris Site 58. Good luck!