NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone on here monitor the Cape May County site in open mode? I noticed a new talkgroup 4991 come across that site exclusively. It is definitely a police talkgroup but I'm sure who. The audio was coming in extremely low on my G5. I believe I got a unit calling themselves 19-7 or 7-19. I didn't catch a unit ID but they were all 5 digits. Anyone else hear it? Who is it?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Update on the above post. Recorded another transmission on TGID 4991. Scanner missed the RID but the unit was a 13-208 returning from property checks. Is there perhaps a PD District 13 in Cape May County? PD is not in the wiki.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Update on the above post. Recorded another transmission on TGID 4991. Scanner missed the RID but the unit was a 13-208 returning from property checks. Is there perhaps a PD District 13 in Cape May County? PD is not in the wiki.

Interesting. I know North Wildwood PD uses “districts” to sector the city, followed by the units assignment number (B3, B4, etc) but they’re still on their conventional channels. Maybe West Wildwood PD? Their municipal code is 513...

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
There is finally some movement with West Caldwell. Money has been approved in the capital budget and the police are going to make the switch. It is unknown if the fire or public works departments are switching also.

West Caldwell also dispatch’s for Caldwell, but no none seems to know if the Caldwell police have any intention of moving. The current plan is to keep the VHF setup for redundancy, and simulcast if Caldwell doesn’t change. More information to come.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Multiple Union County Communications techs' portables affiliating to Fireground 10, which is unusual since it's currently unassigned. Possible testing for the next transition perhaps?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
After doing some more research, GE is for national emergency frequencies. So I'm assuming those are 800 freqs for interop.

Anything GE falls under 47 CFR § 90.16 Public Safety National Plan.

Anybody notice the station classes on the license include FB2T for (2) units? As in temporary repeaters? Didn't Oakland Police acquire a new command vehicle and a custom Ford F59 step-van by LDV (aka: Good Humor truck with lights) not that long ago? Just a thought...

For those playing the home game btw: ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WRJD945 - BOROUGH OF OAKLAND POLICE DEPTMENT

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
After doing some more research, GE is for national emergency frequencies. So I'm assuming those are 800 freqs for interop.
GE does not mean "national emergency frequencies". GE is the post-rebanding consolidation of the older GP and GF service codes. Every 800 MHz public safety conventional license in NJ falls under the GE service code; the other two are defunct.

GE = Public Safety/Special Emergency, and Public Safety National Plan - 851-862 MHz - Conventional (post-rebanding)
GP = Public Safety/Special Emergency - 851-866 MHz - Conventional (pre-rebanding)
GF = Public Safety National Plan - 866-869 MHz - Conventional (pre-rebanding)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anybody notice the station classes on the license include FB2T for (2) units? As in temporary repeaters? Didn't Oakland Police acquire a new command vehicle and a custom Ford F59 step-van by LDV (aka: Good Humor truck with lights) not that long ago? Just a thought...
Ding ding ding... ;)

NParkNJ

On the Road
GE does not mean "national emergency frequencies". GE is the post-rebanding consolidation of the older GP and GF service codes. Every 800 MHz public safety conventional license in NJ falls under the GE service code; the other two are defunct.

GE = Public Safety/Special Emergency, and Public Safety National Plan - 851-862 MHz - Conventional (post-rebanding)
GP = Public Safety/Special Emergency - 851-866 MHz - Conventional (pre-rebanding)
GF = Public Safety National Plan - 866-869 MHz - Conventional (pre-rebanding)

Thanks for the clarification GTR.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Also noticed yesterday that there is a new tower erected on Skyline drive, didnt catch the MM where they installed it but its south of the Ramapo site. Looks 'really' top heavy and probably has to be in order to get over the top of the trees and ridges.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Also noticed yesterday that there is a new tower erected on Skyline drive, didnt catch the MM where they installed it but its south of the Ramapo site. Looks 'really' top heavy and probably has to be in order to get over the top of the trees and ridges.

Milemarker 2.6-ish it should be. 369m AMSL, 107m AGL.

I noticed that a couple weeks back when they were finishing it up. Hell, they still had the nylon fly ropes draped from the top to the ground, bracket packaging around the base, and the power meters weren't all installed at the time. Looked like they were still putting dishes up. It appears to just have a number of microwave and cellular licenses on it as of now according to the ULS. Belongs to Subcarrier Communications in Old Bridge, who are apparently heavily involved in site construction and leasing for LTE and MW point-point links.

Besides being top heavy, there was also a helllll of a lot of power running to the site based on the number of meter mounts and generators.

Last edited:

NParkNJ

On the Road
Let’s not forget Ramsey...and the entire Bergen County P25 trunked system for Wycoff if they do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for bringing up something this old, but last night an officer confirmed your statement APX.

Oakland was looking for a 450(possible DUI/DWI) driver and they must’ve gotten onto 208.

Heard an Oakland officer say: “yeah I’m listening to Wyckoff now.”

Good to know they have them, and I assume the other surrounding towns that are P25(on and not on NJICS).