Norfolk Pullin Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbyscan

Premium Subscriber
It use to be that if someone provided an audio feed that they were automatically a premium subscriber. Now tonight I tried to archive some audio and they tell me I need to be a paying premium subscriber to listen to the very feed I provide. Well I'm not going to shell out at least $15.00 just to listen to stuff that I provide for free to the whole world. When RR decides to pull their greedy hands out of their deep pockets and do a little more for their feed providers I'll consider putting the feed back up, if they'll have me back. But for now I'm pullin the plug.

P.S. Sorry to my faithful listeners, but this is unacceptable !

SCPD

QRT
Did you ask the owner of the site why you don't have the premium subscription? Did you post a question about this in the appropriate forum? Or did you just go on a rant?

RolnCode3

I know this is a location specific forum, but - I listened to mine and other feed archive with no problem. I provide feeds but am not a paying member. Maybe you just need to login or something, but it looks like exactly what you're complaining about is not true.

ksduster

Weather enthusiast
Feed Provider
It use to be that if someone provided an audio feed that they were automatically a premium subscriber. Now tonight I tried to archive some audio and they tell me I need to be a paying premium subscriber to listen to the very feed I provide. Well I'm not going to shell out at least $15.00 just to listen to stuff that I provide for free to the whole world. When RR decides to pull their greedy hands out of their deep pockets and do a little more for their feed providers I'll consider putting the feed back up, if they'll have me back. But for now I'm pullin the plug.

P.S. Sorry to my faithful listeners, but this is unacceptable !

Im not a an administrator, or from Nebraska,
But I know the RR Administration for live audio are very helpful in these area's..
It could be something simple, like you had previously paid, then decided to host a feed?
I honestly can see that causing an issue having 2 entries for premium subscription in a server database, where one entry has an expiration date. -- just an idea.

Last edited:

Hobbyscan

Premium Subscriber
When I started this, all I did was hook it up and I had the premium subscription. Something has changed recently because I use to be able to listen and never have had to pay.

djl998

When I started this, all I did was hook it up and I had the premium subscription. Something has changed recently because I use to be able to listen and never have had to pay.

Nothing has changed. The problem is most likely on your end. Are you aware that the premium subscription is only active when your feed is online? There seem to be a lot of people who want to run their feed for like two hours a day and get the premium status all the time.

mr_tunz

I run the Cuming County feed and mine works fine. Maybe you should email Gordon or Lesile and see whats up. Sounds like it just a simple screw up in the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.