North Carolina New License Grants

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking at another list, it also looks like Western Carolina University got a grant to switch to a DMR trunking system on 7/19. I wonder when/if that'll take place

Yes that was license WRNB726 for a single channel, dual slot, for transportation and parking. It was listed on the list from 7/17 (above). As for when, that isn't shown and some colleges (like Shaw U in Raleigh) have been seen to take a year or more, while others start immediately.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking at another list, it also looks like Western Carolina University got a grant to switch to a DMR trunking system on 7/19. I wonder when/if that'll take place

WCU has at least two FRNs and four licenses I've found, WQFY758 (PD), WQXB492, WQJI985, and WRNB726 (Parking)

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully I can get over there sometime either late fall or early spring and I'll run a scanner to get a control channel and my SDR for any trunked data (assuming there will be a trunked system) I also have a few friends who can run the frequencies for me to get info on if it's a trunked system

WCU has been running full DMR for at least 7-8 years or so with pretty decent coverage (1 repeater site). I don't know if it has been moved to a trunked system or still running multiple repeaters for the system.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
WCU has been running full DMR for at least 7-8 years or so with pretty decent coverage (1 repeater site). I don't know if it has been moved to a trunked system or still running multiple repeaters for the system.

According to my friends that attend the uni, they were still running analog when they left in March/April

According to my friends that attend the uni, they were still running analog when they left in March/April

When I worked on campus and did some programming up there back in 2014-2017, it was all digital at that point and it had been well established at that point. Not sure why they would have gone back to analog. Jackson county is still running analog but was working on building out their NXDN setup.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Jackson is running a mix of NXDN and analog. I want to spend about a week up there to run a areawide search for new frequencies but I would probably have to be there for like a year or so to get anything definitive. Maybe I'll decide to go back to WCU for school

Edit: Spelling

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A week with a lot of renewals. A few new grants included Amazon in Mebane, ITG Brands in Greensboro, Kenco in Charlotte with a NXDN grant, and Weddington Elementary School in Tabor City. Two pending licenses include Yam City for utilities and Columbus McKinnon with a SCADA Carrier grant. As always, hope you find something interesting in the list.

Below is this weeks (07/24 to 07/31/2021) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 07312021-License Grants.pdf
    91.9 KB · Views: 14

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
what are those data connection only channels like those MARYLAND AND MID-ATLANTIC WILDERNESS RESCUE SQUAD, INC

You can look at the emission designation on the license and purpose for better understanding. Most likely tracking devices or signaling devices related to wildlife.

spacellamaman

what are those data connection only channels like those MARYLAND AND MID-ATLANTIC WILDERNESS RESCUE SQUAD, INC

You can look at the emission designation on the license and purpose for better understanding. Most likely tracking devices or signaling devices related to wildlife.

or a "Bomb Robot", one of my personal favorite listings

of course thats no more absurd than having a mid-atlantic wilderness rescue squad. i mean, what does that mean?

1.-rescuing humans from the vast wildernesses of the Mid Atlantic?

2.-or rescuing the wilderness FROM the vast population of humans they are immersed in?

in case 1., no such thing exists, in the case 2. no method of rescue is feasible, unless you have a bomb robot!

so my vote is for a bomb robot. you're all welcome.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
About 50-50 split this week on renewal and new grants, all the new licenses were for businesses. One new business in Charlotte, LMV New Bern Reit LP, got an NXDN grant. Chapel Hill/Carboro schools has a new GPS based docking system grant, the others were all analog and/or DMR. As always, hope you are able to find something new on the list and if you do please submit the find with PL/RAN/Color Code to the database.

Below is this weeks (07/31 to 08/07/2021) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 08072021-License Grants.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 16

spacellamaman

About 50-50 split this week on renewal and new grants, all the new licenses were for businesses. One new business in Charlotte, LMV New Bern Reit LP, got an NXDN grant. Chapel Hill/Carboro schools has a new GPS based docking system grant, the others were all analog and/or DMR. As always, hope you are able to find something new on the list and if you do please submit the find with PL/RAN/Color Code to the database.

Below is this weeks (07/31 to 08/07/2021) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

as the resident Big Dummy...what is a GPS docking station??? what are they teaching the kids these days anyway?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
as the resident Big Dummy...what is a GPS docking station??? what are they teaching the kids these days anyway?

While not 100% sure, basically it is like what we have where I work, the clock in system is handled by apps that will only allow you to clock in/out if you are in the immediate area of GPS coordinates of a certain location.

The advantage of such a system in this day and age is you don't have numerous people crowded around one location trying to clock in.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Long list of frequencies that recieved license grants this week. While many were renewals there are a few interesting new grants as well. Amazon in Pineville NC got a new DMR license grant, a mining company, RJ Bushhogging, got a DMR/NXDN grant, Lawing & Son construction recieved a NXDN grant, Duke University got two new licenses one VHF and the other UHF, as well as renewal for the TRS, and it seems the Carolina Panthers forgot to renew the stadium's TRS license and had to obtain a STA until they could reapply for a new license (See documentation below).

As always, hope you find something new and interesting, even if it was an unknown frequency renewed. You can check the FCC license on their website for additional information about any license. And, please submit confirmed information to the Radio Reference database to help others.

Below is this weeks (08/08 to 08/14/2021) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up.

Attachments

• CarPanthersLtr.pdf
    189.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 08142021-License Grants.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 10

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Expect this weeks version to be late, the FCC Site has been down since yesterday (at least) and work has me busy all day/night Sunday. Sorryt for any issues this might cause.

FCC 2021-08-21 10.18.35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.