Northern Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

I started another thread awhile ago looking for others who may be from Northern Ontario and it kinda got off track and so it was locked. The object of my thread was to see who might be on here from Northern Ontario. We are a huge district and I was curious to see how many of us up here listen to Coms. I know I am being bias to others i.e. Southern Ontario but I already know there are a ton of listeners down there, I am most interested in Zone 4 listeners and even zone 3 listeners because they are pretty close to us.

I am from Zone 4, about 350kms north east of Thunder Bay. I am asking this question because I would like to see our database increase with info. I have submitted some info about our zone and would love to know if anyone else has more info. If you do not like to post, PM me the info and I will post it. Please, if you do not mind lets keep this thread on topic, I do not want it locked up. It is nice seeing people from the north who enjoy my hobby.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
A "roll call" thread is a great idea.

However when it wanders off into multiple topics that may interest people from other areas, it becomes pointless.

Keep in mind that you'll sometimes get a faster answer to a question from people in other areas of Ontario rather then just relying on the people who only read the Northern Ontario thread.

With that in mind, Northern Ontario Scannists check in!

I visit the Latchford area every summer and always have a scanner or two with me.

rc1990

I'm from Timmins (Zone 3). When I have some information, I update my county (Cochrane). I'm the one who did most of the updates on Cochrane county page and, I wrote the WIKI . If I have info, i usually share it.

:)

Last edited:

bglatour001

I'm in New Liskeard (Zone 3). As with rc1990, I try to keep my district (Temiskaming) up to date with info as I find it out. I didn't write the WIKI page on my district, but I have helped fill in some of the Quebec RENIR system as I can hear a couple of the towers, being so close to the Ontario/Quebec border.

Northerner71

Thunder Bay, cool. I am there all the time. What do you use as a scanner? I am forever bring my scanner there with my laptop to run my trunk88.

East_Algoma

Located ELLIOT LAKE OPP Zone 3 -

Noted users on 407.100 to 407.700 Mhz some Tx's were in P25 mode , while others were plain , in the clear...isnt RCMP...sounds official tho..who knows if you grab anything lemme know !!

Last edited:

Northerner71

It is great to see some Northerners that are monitoring coms. I wrote the Wiki for Thunder Bay/Greenstone and would love to add more info so keep chiming in. The more people who submit the better this site can be. So far I have only one person from Zone 4 besides myself. I hope there are more. Keep on post'n Zone 3 people, looks like there are a lot of you.

Shastathedog

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am in Blind river and am unable to receive tx's with a 396xt. Just wondering if the control channels and tgids listed on radio reference are accurate. I live in North Bay but I am in blind river and the soo occasionally.

Thanks,

Dave

East_Algoma

Your right , things did change up here.,....there is 1 more Voice channel on Site 17 ( Elliot Lake )

They also use a VR that I never found listed anywhere...since they got the new system , they have changed things around alot....Once I find time to gather said info ,. and send it up.

Tune into AM 1700 - I own this new radio station here...our IC/CRTC Lic Pending

I have several rcmp frq I find in use alot....email me at

director@mediaintransit.com
I might have a quick list for ya.

East_Algoma

drop me a line....since our transmitter just went into operation today....were busy...but if ya email the above...I can copy n paste some stuff I have on my lap top here in the studio.

hitsfm

radio station

my fm stations where sold in 2003 to moose fm 101 iroquois falls an 98.1 fm cochrane
705 232 4057 bill leacock

Status
Not open for further replies.