NYPD Trunk?

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, East Hanover NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Doesn't add up to me you may have line of sight but you are maybe 30 miles or more away I am only 7 miles from Manhattan I should get at least 3 bars but I'm getting barely 1 bar of signal maybe you are right about Staten Island sight needing be activated, in the end it won't matter if it's all encrypted anyway.
Take a ride up to todt hill, The highest point in Staten Island 400 ft above sea level let me know if you get the system 5x5 there?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
That's interesting. Maybe someone else on here knows which sites are actually live. Make sure the system is programmed in correctly, directly from sentinel if you have it
I wish there was a way to see which actual simulcast site is being received. I wonder id DSD+ would show it in the data stream somewhere. I am receiving them at -85-87db here.
1723631490755.jpeg

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, East Hanover NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I wish there was a way to see which actual simulcast site is being received. I wonder id DSD+ would show it in the data stream somewhere. I am receiving them at -85-87db here.
View attachment 167542
I can tell you that the system is weaker down here at the Jersey shore compared to all of the other New York City based municipal trunking systems.

k2hz

Database Admin
The data stream is identical on all towers on a simulcast system. It can't be different or it would cause reception errors.

From what I have heard, third hand and unconfirmed, ESB may be only active site.

JustLou

I took a radio down to South Beach in Staten Island which is in line of sight of Brooklyn and Jersey. I was able to receive the system, but didn't hear anything in about an hour of monitoring it.