Oak Lawn Central on Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed TG 36964 as OLREC-4 and is encrypted. Alsip has a foot pursuit and Oak Lawn Central told all units to switch to OLREC-4. I don't know if this is permanent or the new procedure when an event is occurring on the main dispatch channel. On the old Net-6, they used to made the announcement "all units, (department) has the air" and you'd hear nothing until the incident was concluded. This might be the answer to that...unfortunately we can't hear.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed TG 36964 as OLREC-4 and is encrypted. Alsip has a foot pursuit and Oak Lawn Central told all units to switch to OLREC-4. I don't know if this is permanent or the new procedure when an event is occurring on the main dispatch channel. On the old Net-6, they used to made the announcement "all units, (department) has the air" and you'd hear nothing until the incident was concluded. This might be the answer to that...unfortunately we can't hear.

All dispatching operations have returned to OLREC-1 about an hour after the foot pursuit was going on. Alsip remained on OLREC-1 until the incident was concluded. This follows the previous dispatch operations used on Net-6/Net-10.

Why not OLREC-2 (TG 36962) I wondered? Maybe that will be used for Net-10 departments when they switch to Starcom? Why not 3 I wondered? "Channel 3" appears to be the talk-around channel for each individual department and probably isolated to that department's radios. This would map out the talk groups we've documented so far...6 PD's are being dispatched, each has their own "Channel 3" so 12 talk groups utilized , 2 dispatch channels, with possible 1 common "secure" Channel (OLREC-4?) and ISPERN taking up Channel 16? :unsure: Since I've seen 16 channels per Zone in most Motorola radios this is my thinking/best guessing aloud/posting. There might be other Inter-op channels/talk groups in other programmed Zones, but that will probably require Zone switching which I know isn't done on the fly by most first responders.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
All dispatching operations have returned to OLREC-1 about an hour after the foot pursuit was going on. Alsip remained on OLREC-1 until the incident was concluded. This follows the previous dispatch operations used on Net-6/Net-10.

Why not OLREC-2 (TG 36962) I wondered? Maybe that will be used for Net-10 departments when they switch to Starcom? Why not 3 I wondered? "Channel 3" appears to be the talk-around channel for each individual department and probably isolated to that department's radios. This would map out the talk groups we've documented so far...6 PD's are being dispatched, each has their own "Channel 3" so 12 talk groups utilized , 2 dispatch channels, with possible 1 common "secure" Channel (OLREC-4?) and ISPERN taking up Channel 16? :unsure: Since I've seen 16 channels per Zone in most Motorola radios this is my thinking/best guessing aloud/posting. There might be other Inter-op channels/talk groups in other programmed Zones, but that will probably require Zone switching which I know isn't done on the fly by most first responders.

Forgot to add, it's possible each department has both a non-secure and secure talk-around channel...6 x 2 = 12... :LOL:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Looks like most UID's are 178xxx, i heard Evergreen Park but missed the UID, wonder was it different ? TY

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
TY, i went back and reviewed this whole forum and copied the #ing system from the "junkie"....lol...Your the best

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch operations are remaining on Starcom. OLREC-1 is the primary dispatch for Evergreen Park, Oak Lawn and Alsip Police Departments. Burbank, Bridgeview and Hodgkins Police Departments which are also being dispatched by OLREC are currently using Net-10 (470-5875/CTCSS 156.7).

chester85

Premium Subscriber
Hearing some field testing this morning in the Oak Lawn area on Site 1-02. Talk groups being used so far, 36961 (Channel 1), 36962 (Channel 2), 36963 (Channel 3). The channel ID's were from the users but unknown who the actual users will be at this time. Radio ID's so far are in the 1782xx series. Based upon the conversations, it appears these are Oak Lawn PD units who probably were given Starcom radios to test. Heard mention of "322 to 311"...etc.

It's been previously reported that Talk Group 36964 was used and identified as (Channel 4). Those not familiar with Oak Lawn Central, they dispatch police for Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park, Bridgeview and Burbank. They dispatch for numerous fire departments in the Division 21 MABAS area. I don't know if Fire Departments will be switching to Starcom or their VHF 155.5575 will have a patch to Starcom. All channels mentioned are in the clear.

In addition to these talk groups, Oak Lawn units were heard testing on District 15-South and District-Chicago Priority/ISPERN patch.

Unknown if other departments on Net-6 (470.4625) or Net-10 (470.5875) will be switching?
What is the frequency for that talk group? Or how would I be able to hear them?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
What is the frequency for that talk group? Or how would I be able to hear them?

Starcom Trunking System/ Site must be programmed correctly , talk group(s) must then be entered, and ID Scan would monitor only those talk group(s) you'd like to hear.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I heard one of the CPD Helicopters transmitting on the Net-6 UHF freq earlier today. It sounded like it was trying to reach either one of the PD's or OLREC. Aren't they aware of the switch to SC21?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
So is this a new tower near T102, does it have a #??....Seeing them on T113 down south here.....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
So is this a new tower near T102, does it have a #??....Seeing them on T113 down south here.....

Site is 1-030...the old Grant Park site. Trying to get a location officially but based somewhere in the Oak Lawn/Evergreen area would be my guess.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Wow, ya got to be on top of this sh** every day, thanks for your alertness....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Wow, ya got to be on top of this sh** every day, thanks for your alertness....

I can't take the credit. A couple of posters caught it on the Starcom thread. To add, per the screen shot on the Starcom thread by Remedy44, it appears all other talk groups are being rejected unless they're OLREC related. I've been in ID Search mode and haven't heard any other Starcom traffic.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I will see if I can receive the CC from here, usually have 5 bars on T102 but it can get flaky....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I will see if I can receive the CC from here, usually have 5 bars on T102 but it can get flaky....

T102 is still carrying OLREC traffic, just not sure if any of the "Channel 3's" are only being heard on this site? Confirmed Evergreen-3 a few times on Site 1-002 . Alsip told a few of their units to "go to 3" and I didn't hear anything in ID search on Site 1-002 yesterday . Either it was code to "call me on cell" or Alsip and Oak Lawn's channel 3 are only being carried on Site 1-030 or you can call it OLREC Local site?

Status
Not open for further replies.