Official BCD996T Prerelease Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well, at least here in Oklahoma we don't have such silly laws. We can put anything on our vehicles. We dont even have yearly inspections anymore.

UPMan, did they ship any BCT-15's with those 996's?

Jim
KE5FEK

STiMULi

Upman: Help!

I am trying to figure out the best way to emulate the BearTracker function while not driving myself nuts.

I want to be able to turn it off and on like I would with the "HWY" button. My intent is to use the input of all the local emergency service agencies with the an alert. The alert would be different between FD and PD and they would probably be attenuated so not to drive me nuts since I will be hooking the scanner up to a high gain antenna.

At first I thought I would create them within the same group as the agency. Then I thought it would be difficult to lockout the inputs if the started driving me nuts.

Then I thought about the delay feature. The delay would be associated with the System and not the group.

So now I have to asscociate the inputs with the system. I need to also associate the system with the GPS feature so that I do not scan frequencies I am not going to pick up on.

At this point I am trying to understand the use of the QuickKey as it relates to my intent and I think this is what I want to do:

I will build a system on Quick Key 1 that will have all of the Tucson area frequencies in in without the Inputs but with GPS capabilities.

I will build all the other systems that I would be interested in monitoring the inputs on. Because I would choose to use the GPS functionallity I understand that they would need to be associated with the LAT/LON.

Do I need to assign them to a QuickKey?

What does QuickKey - None mean?

Do I need to assign QuickKeys?

I realize I can assign multiple Groups to one QuickKey. QuickKeys can cross multiple systems right?

Thanks and I hope that I havent asked too many stupid questions that I could (with enough research) answer myself.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
STiMULi said:
Do I need to assign them to a QuickKey?
No. It is entirely up to you. Systems not assigned a SQK are scanned unless they are locked out.
What does QuickKey - None mean?
The System has no SQK assigned.
Do I need to assign QuickKeys?
No. Again it is entirely up to you. Assigning SQKs makes it easier to enable and disable systems, instead of locking out, or using GPS.
I realize I can assign multiple Groups to one QuickKey. QuickKeys can cross multiple systems right?
You can assign multiple systems to a Single SQK. You cannot assign multiple SQK's to one system.
Thanks and I hope that I havent asked too many stupid questions that I could (with enough research) answer myself.
The only dumb question is the one that was not asked. :)

HTH's

Dave AKA The Tripzter

STiMULi

Thanks Dave for the quick reply!!!

If a SQK is not assigned the GPS function still come into play?

If I do not have an SQK asigned how do I lockout tha site/system?

I don't right? I have to be out of that area (because of GPS) or deal with it Or Lockout via the GQKs during that site/system search?

Multiple SQK's can be assigned at the same time, Right?

30 groups can ge assigned to a Site/System but they will be handled by 10 GQKs, right?

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
STiMULi said:
If a SQK is not assigned the GPS function still come into play?
Only if GPS is ENABLED for systems not assigned a SQK. The system will be scanned if within range and coordinates, not locked out, or GPS is disabled.
If I do not have an SQK asigned how do I lockout tha site/system?
You can L/O systems from the Site/Group Option in the Menu, or Tap F-KNOB, scroll to system, press L/O.
I don't right? I have to be out of that area (because of GPS) or deal with it Or Lockout via the GQKs during that site/system search?
See previous answer.
Multiple SQK's can be assigned at the same time, Right?
You can assign any # of SQKs from 0-99.
30 groups can ge assigned to a Site/System but they will be handled by 10 GQKs, right?
20 Groups/System, and 10 GQKs.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
STiMULi said:
I set the scanner config for DEG but the systems always come up in DMS. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. While the Systems show DMS in UASD, DEG will show on line for LAT/LONG. The Wiki has the conversion method used.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

josephdavis13

Upman

In the past Uniden has been on QVC TV home shopping network. They were offering Uniden scanners for sale with discounts. Has Uniden given any consideration to selling the BCD396T and BCD996T scanners on this program?

Thanks

Joseph

K4APR

timkilbride said:
I plan on putting mine in my dash with the DIN mount. No need for a remote mount here.

No can do for me. I already have my DVD player in the dash and all of my radios are remoted with the main units behind the seat, in a custom MDF box.

bratsch

I just pre-ordered mine last friday, they say they are expecting them from uniden around the end of june, I really hope its sooner...

Status
Not open for further replies.