OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Doubt it. I was trying to listen to 700 on one scanner and 800 county system on the other and the tornado killed the patch. They all just went back to the county system and will remain there "until further notice". Tornado just went down Clay St in Vicksburg and only thing that's bothering me is I don't have enough radios to monitor City, County and state.

It was interesting seeing it cross the river but I lost it when it went south of me and took out the patch. The MDOT Warren MSWIN site is reading nil on signal at the moment. I bet they're glad they upgraded the old system to P25 before they tried to switch over!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Why has NO ONE submitted this P25 800?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
The Vicksburg / Warren County TRS that's in the database is the 800 I speak of. It's all P25 Phase 1 now. Or at least the talkgroups that have been used in the past month when I'm there on the weekends. I'll check the database when I get home in a few. Typing on a phone is not fun. And to the person that asked for an update on Vicksburg. You talking about the nature of them switching to MSWIN? They had upgraded their own county system to digital and had VPD Dispatch and WCSO Dispatch patched into the MSWIN MDOT Warren 700 site. That was yesterday. This morning a tornado rolled through and took out that patch for a few hours. And I left 2 hours ago but before I left the MDOT Warren 700 site was up and running and so was the patch. However I've noticed that VPD and WCSO sounds like crap on MSWIN so my process for visiting Vicksburg usually goes like this....

1) check to see if other Warren County agencies are using MSWIN fully and if not...
2) go back to the county system because it sounds better.

So as of 2 hours ago, It's the same as it was for my last update. Vicksburg PD Dispatch and Warren County SO Dispatch talkgroups are broadcasting on both the county system (800) and MSWIN. Other police talkgroups and all other agencies on the county system are not on MSWIN yet.

As stated. I'll check the database and make sure it's accurate 100% in an hour or so milf. I'm willing to bet that the storm messed up their progress a little. Several times both city and county law enforcement officers said "700 is down go back to primary" and Vicksburg PD Dispatch broadcasted a message containing the tornado sighting and "700 is down, this is the only system we have at the moment"

I'm on it guys. Just gimmie a bit to get home and check my data versus the database and all that jazz.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Mswin and 800 are up. As to why vpd has come off mswin, i do not have an answer. The whole system is supposed to be up and running before the end of may from what i have gathered from listening to them. The volunteer fire also has talkgroups that they have used from time to time. As to the tornado, there was a lot of flooding and trees down, but no injuries as far as i can tell.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
By the way, I went back on the recordings (4 hours of VPD & WCSO each) for Sunday. They didn't say they 700 down, they said "Site Trunking, this is the only tower up at the moment". Hard to catch in the middle of that mess. Big difference, thanks digital recording feature.

I was in Warren County Sunday, I copied the Sheriff's Dept well on MSWIN and 2 simulcast for VPD--that's it folks...

Be Safe

Do VPD and WCSO sound better to you on 800 rather than MSWIN? I've noticed this both on my HP2 and BCD436HP.

Edit: VPD Recording said they went to site trunking. WCSO Recording said the 700 patch failed and 800 was all they had. Times are within 30 seconds on the feeds so the first waves of the storm did take out the 700 patch and put the Country TRS into Site Trunking at the same time. They witnessed two funnels and the weather service reported three. It was a bad morning.

Last edited:

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Warren County has switched all agencies (VPD, VFD, EMA, WCSO, VOLUNTEER FIRE, COUNTY ROAD DEPT.) over to MSWIN as of today. They are using 2 MSWIN Towers as well as a newly created MSWIN Tower labeled as Vicksburg. Everything appears to be working fine.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
To the gentleman who submitted that the DB does not reflect this... Have you actually looked at the MSWIN DB? Warren County TGs have been listed for at least 2 months.

For everyone else: Expect more Tunica, and others soon.

Also for Warren, is the Moto offline yet?

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Ref Warren County MSWIN

Yes the Moto system is offline in Warren County. The day I submitted info was the day Warren County and others officially changed to the new system with all agencies now online.

Technoguy58

Yeah, went through Vicksburg Wednesday and could not find any of the type 2 c.c.s. So figured it had finally been turned off. Did find something interesting though. Site 299 is very loud once you get onto the bridge over the river heading west. You can hear it almost to Tullulah. When going back east it is very strong up to the river then when you get on the Miss side of the river it fades out At first I thought it might be tropo but could not find any c.c. from the Jackson area. I'm thinking maybe it is located in the downtown riverfront area. This would still be high enough to get some distance in to La but would fade out in the bluffs once you get into Miss. Any thoughts or ideas??

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I'm in warren now, all former Warren Co TRS public safety is on MSWIN (Vicksburg tac 2 and records channels appear encrypted) and the old Warren co trs is showing offline with no site or system id. I guess because they're incorporating it into MSWIN as others have stated.

And yes, all pre-submitted MSWIN tgids are correct so unless I'm wrong, no db submissions need to be made concerning this. Everything is showing up exactly like it's supposed to. Many thanks for that!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
299 is sow from Clinton now in vburg.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The freqs are listed, I just need to change the name to Vicksburg. It was apparently moved there to provide additional coverage for storm assistance etc...