OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

SkinnyFirefighterMS

In the next 4-5 months or whatever the MWCC approved it. There will be another site in Sunflower County, near Indianola. And they will be switched to full MSWIN systems. The County Sheriff (Sunflower PD, Inverness PD, Moorhead and Drew PD), EMA, and Ruleville PD is already on MSWIN. But Indianola PD, FD, and the Sunflower County Fire will be on MSWIN soon. So right now they are still on analog and nxdn.

Hammerguy69

In the next 4-5 months or whatever the MWCC approved it. There will be another site in Sunflower County, near Indianola. And they will be switched to full MSWIN systems. The County Sheriff (Sunflower PD, Inverness PD, Moorhead and Drew PD), EMA, and Ruleville PD is already on MSWIN. But Indianola PD, FD, and the Sunflower County Fire will be on MSWIN soon. So right now they are still on analog and nxdn.

When did the WCC approve a site in Indianola? Looking back though the minutes and do not see that mentioned anywhere?

SkinnyFirefighterMS

When did the WCC approve a site in Indianola? Looking back though the minutes and do not see that mentioned anywhere?
Correction, I mean whenever they might approved it. Because the only site we got in sunflower county is MDOC Parchman but we can’t reach it, unless we are in that area or Ruleville. But our Sheriff and Ema is bounding off Morgan City or Bolivar site.

Last edited:

Pafford

Premium Subscriber
OK, but who is 62072 and where do they cover?

It has already been answered and I am late to the party. Specifically, that TG is labeled internally as Pafford S/W (for Southwest MS operations). It is simulcast on our Louisiana Ground 2 channel on LWIN. Crews will switch between MSWIN and LWIN depending on their location, dispatch will broadcast on both talk groups at the same time which is why you may hear a one sided conversation.

Our radios from our consoles, both Hope,AR for the MS Delta and Ruston,LA are broadcast from our dispatch center in Ridgeland. All talk groups except 1 of our talk groups is a statewide TG.

Pafford Greenville TG covers all of the Highway 82 corridor and is internally labeled at Mid Delta Dispatch.
Yazoo, Madison, Rankin and our Vicksburg units are on the Central MS Dispatch channel.

I hope that cleared some things up.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
I got the chance to look at a MDOT Bucket truck used in the TED Signs division and I was looking at the Mobile (APX1500) and was flipping through the TG’s and I noticed MDOT Apparently has an “Environmental” TG. I saw all the other TG’s already listed in the RR database in the radio (Statewide, TED Signs, TED ADMIN, FRM, GSD, and MDOT SE 1 and 2 and the other MAINT TGS but I was wondering if anyone had heard this TG in use. It has to fall between 22000 to 22014. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
TG22011 shows it's exact usage is unknown. This may or may not answer your question. Unrelated, I heard a new TG this weekend which is 59552. Do you know if AMR has an alternate? This was a EMS Dispatch channel.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Hattiesburg area hearing traffic on TG31095? It sounds like it might be Metro Bus traffic. They've got someone on UID01116516 routing them around different areas. Sounds like they have established pickup areas. Can anyone confirm this?

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Verified from MDOT JXN RADIO UNKNOWN TG’S
1. CSD EQ SHOP
2. CSD FAC
3. Environmental
4. Materials
5. Planning
6. TED Signals

The other TGS in the radio are already listed in the database. These TGS will fall under MDOT JXN and will be somewhere in the 22000 to 22015 range.

Also off topic got to look at an Entergy Mobile their system is very complex. TGS aren’t even labeled with names only numbers they are labeled as TG 51 TG 52 TG 53 and so on doesn’t even match the database.

Last edited:

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone around Hattiesburg know how Rescue 5, 7, 9 communicate with the hospitals now. Are they still using 123.05000 or are they using a TG on MSWIN now?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Does anyone around Hattiesburg know how Rescue 5, 7, 9 communicate with the hospitals now. Are they still using 123.05000 or are they using a TG on MSWIN now?
123.050 is for FGH helipad, the way they talk to the ED/ER is via by good old SERN 155.3400, and as far as I know still 155.2350, and 453.0250 for the dispatch. AAA Ground VHF is 154.2725. They would use MSWIN MEDCOM TG's for many hospitals when they do a flight outside of the SEMAAD area at least if flying to Jackson as all those hospitals are on. Surprised they are not pure MSWIN yet, since literally everyone else in that area is.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
123.050 is for FGH helipad, the way they talk to the ED/ER is via by good old SERN 155.3400, and as far as I know still 155.2350, and 453.0250 for the dispatch. AAA Ground VHF is 154.2725. They would use MSWIN MEDCOM TG's for many hospitals when they do a flight outside of the SEMAAD area at least if flying to Jackson as all those hospitals are on. Surprised they are not pure MSWIN yet, since literally everyone else in that area is.
I have most of those locked in. I've got to double check a couple just to be sure. Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also, back in the day, they also used 155.1600 for AAA and R7, but I don't think that is in use now after AAA put in the new regional VHF system with like 8 repeaters from McComb all the way around the SEMAAD.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Is there a reason why some of these frequencies are not in the RR DB? Do they all have PL numbers? If so what are they. I want to be able to monitor them properly. I do know what 155.2350 and 123.050 are. some of the other's I have nothing on those and I don't see them in the DB. Just wondering.

Thanks.

flametamer

Is there a reason why some of these frequencies are not in the RR DB? Do they all have PL numbers? If so what are they. I want to be able to monitor them properly. I do know what 155.2350 and 123.050 are. some of the other's I have nothing on those and I don't see them in the DB. Just wondering.

Thanks.
123.05 is a UNICOM frequency.

Dt