OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They be rollin,... Patrolin,... Tryin ta catch me ridin dirty.... Anyway, anyone caught Adams SO, and any more of the Adams County fire services?

fire38756

Premium Subscriber
Please do NOT take this and blow it up folks, it is what it is. It is confirmed by multiple sources now that as soon as DPS - MHP can get its radios all retouched again, they are going full time encrypted. This will be either by 2020, or early during 2020. They had already been discussing the possibility with MWCC as far back as 2017, and had strapped a few TG's for it from day one. Those included the MHP -SWAT/ERT, MHP - CID/MBI, and MHP -Drug Interdiction, with ALL MBN E once they came on. Now after some irresponsible actions by individuals during an incident in North MS, Marshall Fisher, head of the MS DPS, is having ALL MHP radios strapped for full time encryption. There is no need for any further discussion on the matter. It is going to happen. No, there is no changing this. If you want to whine about it, take it to FB etc... Or write letters to Mr. Fisher. Be glad he is not making ALL the rest of DPS radios strapped E at this time.
I noticed District 2 Greenwood MHP to be encrypted yesterday, Dec. 26. District 1 Jackson MHP was still talking un-encrypted.

arcflash57

Getting back to scanning with a BCD536HP, live in Shannon, MS and have most of what I want to scan programmed in my scanner. Tupelo, Lee county, Monroe, Union, Itawamba, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc. Picking a lot of feeds up, not as much in Tupelo as I thought I should from what I received with my old scanner. Also I get some MSWIN TG's that come in as unknown but they show up in the talk group database for my area, such as Itawamba SO on TG 53335 will not show Itawamba SO on the display, also Monroe SO 44965, 23655 MDWFP, among a few. Any idea how to make the department show in the display? I purchased a programmed hpe file for my area and have added a lot to it, I attached the file for Lee county if some of you guys could look at it and see if it needs changes. I also just added the Integrated Communications (Tupelo), don't know yet if it will help with Tupelo. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Lee Co.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 12

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Make sure you have a favorites list set up properly, have it on ID Scan not ID searching.... Check your settings for Service Types also.

arcflash57

Make sure you have a favorites list set up properly, have it on ID Scan not ID searching.... Check your settings for Service Types also.
milf, I did notice during scanning is it ID scanning on all list except my first one which is Lee county, is this set up in the favorites lists under audio options? There are a couple of departments set to search rather than CTCSS.

arcflash57

I think I found the ID search issue, the MSWIN in the Lee county list was set to ID search on, the other counties were set to off. I will update in scanner and see how it works. Thanks

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
While running a wildcard on the Raymond Tower i found these unknown TG.
13081 chopper or air plane doing a orbit around a location
13475 its encrypted and next to MBN AIR OPS at 13474
14410 encrypted and not any usage from 14203 to 21000
22950 1015 1 Adams co. female bld 202 to bld 90. From bld 201 ward 1 Clayborne co. male
34730 Lawrence co. school buses don't know if there are for 1 school or for county wide
42480 talks about B pod and holding down C pod
42543 just caught a couple of seconds with no talk
42600 Davis Hall no men around parking lot. C11 move students to court yard
if anyone would like to help identify them go for it.
if you all have some hits maybe i can listen for them
thanks for your time
Paul

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I've picked up a few down here on the coast.

13648 Aircraft. Drop zone.
13649 Jumpers
21950 ?
36748 Falls in Stone country on list?

Picked up on the Harrison Co. Site

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks. So 42600 will be Hinds CC PD. 42597 is hinds county and the next one is 42625 which is Clinton pd.
I will add the missing numbers to search list. Is any one else able to update past 01/05/2020? Trying to update BCD536HP and SDS100.