OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! I have seen the 7/800 antennas on top of rankin county public works trucks and equipment. So I’m positive they are using MSWIN I guess just nobody would even think to listen to them. Any word on a TG for UMC PD?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I thought we had UMMC PD found, but apparently it was Whitfield. We do have the actual UM Campus PD, but no one has locked down the Med Center PD yet. Basically, someone needs to go sit in Jacktown and log the traffic on the Jackson towers for a few days.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I am down there around it all the time and I have dat there scanning, guess I didn't stay long enough. I will try again
Its a pain to do real forensic scannology. It will take someone that really has nothing else to do for several hours, to just sit and do ID Search for like a whole day. First step is to do a best guess as to which of the 2 sites they are on. The Hinds County Simulcast, or the Jackson site for primary. Then just sit it on ID Search and log everything. If you have a scanner that can record audio, that helps when you go back later to review the TG's. This is where the X36HP's and the SDS's excel. That or run like an BCD325P2/BCD996P2 into a laptop and log it on UT or Pro96Com. As they used to be on the Central MS Regional/Hinds County system,... They may have just flipped with Hinds when they switched it to the MSWIN. Also no clue if they were allowed to maintain the old UHF repeater, since they are technically a State Agency. Non state guys had to kill all other radios systems for LEA.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
UMMC PD MSWIN TG's:
1599599113466.png
Submitted to me, I also told the submitter to submit these to the DB. If he isn't comfortable doing so and lets me know, I will sub them.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone, I have not heard or seen anything listed about this agency regarding any talk groups whatsoever. Can anyone please help identifying the TG for Rankin County Public Works? Regarding the road department for the county. And if the TG’S are phase 1 or 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also note that under Rankin county on the MSWIN RCSD buses 1 is Brandon Buses and RCSD buses 2 is Northwest Rankin Buses. Each school district In the county has its own bus channel and a county wide bus shop channel which is already listed. I verified this with a subscriber radio. Thank you!
Are you sure about RCSD 2? I hear Richland, Florence, and Pelahatchie on their talkgroups. What is the talkgroup ID you show for RCSD 2? I do not hear anything on mine. There are several TG IDS for city Public Works, but I have not heard any county road crews.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I thought we had UMMC PD found, but apparently it was Whitfield. We do have the actual UM Campus PD, but no one has locked down the Med Center PD yet. Basically, someone needs to go sit in Jacktown and log the traffic on the Jackson towers for a few days.
22350 is Whitfield and the new ones you posted are correct for UMMC.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure about RCSD 2? I hear Richland, Florence, and Pelahatchie on their talkgroups. What is the talkgroup ID you show for RCSD 2? I do not hear anything on mine. There are several TG IDS for city Public Works, but I have not heard any county road crews.
RCSD for a fact is northwest buses, they will call on that channel for example bus 19-73 to northwest one, last student off my bus. And they will reply northwest one copy. TG is 46639 I believe. Or b62f for non affiliate scan.
If anyone hears any TG info on the rankin county road crew and or public works please post them. Other than that I think we have most of the Rankin County TG’S identified. Thank you!

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know anything about a Helix Pro 378 antenna? I bough one and it is pvc caped at both ends with a F connector. It is about 3 feet long.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know any of the TG info for the Jackson International Airport? They are NOT using their old system. I was there today and saw the airport Pd as well as maintence crews/janitors carrying APX6000 radios, but I see no TG info here on RR. If anyone can please provide any TG info for the Jackson International Airport police or maintence it would be appreciated. Also still trying to locate the Rankin County Road Dept TG’S. I have been using a unification G4 phase 2 update and works great! It doesn’t miss a beat and has the signal strength indicator like the real subscriber radios. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing what I think is a medical unit with TG ID 22981. Does anybody know who this is? This is on MSWIN. I hope this is on the right page. If not, please direct to the right one. Thanks. I believe it is on the coast because I heard them mention US 90 Hwy.

Last edited:

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Has Madison Co SO added a new talkgroup? I have been picking up a TG ID 44780 and it would be assigned to Madison County.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes SO, and small towns PD are leaving the NXDN for MSWIN after years of playing political games with MWCC. They HAD an TG years ago. Gave it to Fire/EMA, and spit in MWCC face to go NXDN. After blackmailing MWCC to add a THIRD site in MadCo... They now finally are going MSWIN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Any word on any TG info for Canton PD, Canton FD, Flora PD, as well as any Madison County PW frequencies? I’m assuming the phase 1 digital for SO channel won’t stay unencrypted for long...