Official PSREdit Software thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
33
Location
Lebanon, Pa.
Official PSREdit Software thread

This thread is to discuss anything to do with the PSREdit software.


Check this post for updates and current software version:


PSREdit Software: http://www.psredit.com/ Version 1.25 Now Available *** Updated 11/27/2007
 
Last edited:

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
I GOT IT!

I went in and forced the com port assignment to port 1 instead of the default 12. For some reason it worked.

Finally... no more saving and swapping files on a thumb drive to the PC that worked.


------------------------------------------------------

It appears I no longer have the ability to see the selected LED colors change in the program. I can click to increment through the corresponding numbers but the colored dot remains black.

Same problem on the General Configuration page where you can mix the colors.
 
Last edited:

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
I GOT IT!

I went in and forced the com port assignment to port 1 instead of the default 12. For some reason it worked.

Finally... no more saving and swapping files on a thumb drive to the PC that worked.


------------------------------------------------------

It appears I no longer have the ability to see the selected LED colors change in the program. I can click to increment through the corresponding numbers but the colored dot remains black.

Same problem on the General Configuration page where you can mix the colors.

Which editor are you seeing this in?

Mike
 

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
Version 1.08

I'm seeing this on the General Configuration LED presets box (color editor) and everywhere else that the option to select a color is present (conventional and trunking object editors).

Basicaly...everything.
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
Version 1.08

I'm seeing this on the General Configuration LED presets box (color editor) and everywhere else that the option to select a color is present (conventional and trunking object editors).

Basicaly...everything.

As hard as I try, I can't reproduce this. It's working correctly here on all screens. Anyone else seeing this?

Mike
 

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
11,156
Reaction score
3,913
Location
S.E. Michigan
mancow said:
Version 1.08

I'm seeing this on the General Configuration LED presets box (color editor) and everywhere else that the option to select a color is present (conventional and trunking object editors).

Basicaly...everything.

What are your video properties set at?

Right click on the DeskTop
Left click on Properties
Left click on Settings

Color Quality = ?
 

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
I tried to reply a lot earlier but the forum was down and timed out.

It works when I open a new file. If I read the radio it gets jacked up. The colors actually don't stay black now that I look at it. They turn very dark shades of brown and the last one goes to white as normal.



mikey60 said:
1.08 doesn't do that for me here. What happens when you use the New option on the file menu?

Mike
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
I tried to reply a lot earlier but the forum was down and timed out.

It works when I open a new file. If I read the radio it gets jacked up. The colors actually don't stay black now that I look at it. They turn very dark shades of brown and the last one goes to white as normal.

There was a problem in 1.08 with the download from radio. This may have been related to that. Try 1.09 (just released) and see if it corrects it.

Mike
 

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
I just tried 1.09 on the xp box at work.

Still the same problem here with the colored dots disappearing after an upload from radio.

Also, after selecting upload from radio the progress bar hangs and times out with a warning to check to make sure the usb cable is plugged in. If the box is cleared and an upload is initated again then it will upload correctly. It's as if there is something that is causing it to hang on the first upload.
 

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
7,739
Reaction score
1
Location
Eclipse, Virginia
Mike,

Are you making a change?

Got this when clicking download for 1.09. The requested URL /software/PSREdit_1.09.zip was not found on this server.
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
I just tried 1.09 on the xp box at work.

Still the same problem here with the colored dots disappearing after an upload from radio.

Also, after selecting upload from radio the progress bar hangs and times out with a warning to check to make sure the usb cable is plugged in. If the box is cleared and an upload is initated again then it will upload correctly. It's as if there is something that is causing it to hang on the first upload.

The 1.09 archive incorrectly contained the 1.08 executable (even after I tried to fix it). I've now released 1.10 to make sure there's no confusion about that. 1.10 also fixes a scrolling issue when using the Duplicate Talkgroup option.

Mike
 

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
Just tried 1.10, same issue with the color dots.

Work machine is running XP Pro, 1024x768 32 bit color.

This is strange.
 

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
297
Location
Dallas Texas
Thanks for the MoveUp and MoveDown feature. That gives lots more control over TG list order. Real handy when stepping through them on the radio.

Russell
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
Just tried 1.10, same issue with the color dots.

Work machine is running XP Pro, 1024x768 32 bit color.

This is strange.

Can you email the downloaded file to me at support@psredit.com? I'd like to take a look at the data.

Also, you say when you click File->New the colors are there?

What are the color codes (to the left of the color dots on the main screen tab) showing?

Thanks,
Mike
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
Just tried 1.10, same issue with the color dots.

Work machine is running XP Pro, 1024x768 32 bit color.

This is strange.

One other question. Did you modify the color values (either in the radio or in software)?

If so, PSREdit has a hard time showing the color values in some instances. I haven't had a chance to attempt to make software corrections for this issue as yet.

Mike
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
mancow said:
Just tried 1.10, same issue with the color dots.

Work machine is running XP Pro, 1024x768 32 bit color.

This is strange.

I've added code for 1.11 to increase the intensity of the colors on the screen so that they become more visible. Colors would basically "Disappear" from the screen after they dropped below about half intensity on previous versions.

Mike
 

mancow

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
6,943
Reaction score
1,136
Location
N.E. Kansas
Yep, I bet that's it.I never thought of that. I did edit them to make them not so bright. The program displays them correctly when opening a new file but after a read it has problems. I will try to email a file when I get home.
 

letarotor

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,060
Reaction score
238
Location
Arlington, TX
V1.10

Wow, the move up, move down feature is great, and the PRO-97/2055 import feature worked flawlessly. Great work Mike. I'm fixen to register!

Mark
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top