Ohio Highway Patrol drops another "victim"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
Ohio Highway Patrol shoot and kill slimeball who shot at them!

Pictures in the link

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8295572/detail.html

Police Fatally Shoot Man After Chase On Interstate
Troopers Also Injured

BLUFFTON, Ohio -- A man who led police on a high-speed chase on Interstate 75 in northwest Ohio was shot and killed as he began shooting at officers outside a gas station, authorities said.

Two state troopers also were injured.

The suspect, whose identity was not released, entered a state Bureau of Motor Vehicles office in Bowling Green about 10:30 a.m. and presented fake documents to obtain an Ohio driver's license, authorities said.

When a Bowling Green police officer arrived, the suspect appeared nervous and reached for an object in his waistband, authorities said. The two struggled and the officer fell to the floor. The suspect fired a shot from a .223-caliber handgun on his way out of the office, authorities said. No injuries were reported inside the office.

The suspect fled in a minivan bearing a Michigan plate and headed south on Interstate 75, stopping briefly to let a female passenger out. The woman was taken into custody.

The chase, which reached speeds of up to 100 mph, ended when the suspect's minivan struck tire-deflating devices placed on the highway by police. Driving slowly, he then took an exit and stopped at a gas station near Bluffton, about 40 miles south of Bowling Green.

The suspect got out of the minivan and attempted to car jack a vehicle belonging to a couple from Ontario, Canada, who had stopped to refuel on their way to Florida, authorities said. The suspect then opened fire on police.

Authorities did not say how many times the suspect was shot during the shootout.

The nature of the troopers' injuries was unclear. Authorities said the injuries were not life threatening, and the troopers were being treated at Blanchard Valley Regional Hospital in Bluffton.

Last edited:

RocketMan1

Ohio Highway Patrol drops another "victim"

I don't quite get your title? What do you mean by "victim"? Are you being sarcastic? Am I missing something here?

SLWilson

Police shootings....Media

RocketMan1 said:
Ohio Highway Patrol drops another "victim" I don't quite get your title? What do you mean by "victim"? Are you being sarcastic? Am I missing something here?

I don't quite get that either. This happened in Columbus over the weekend....A guy out on bond after robbing a store earlier this year hijacks a taxi. Fires one shot as he's stealing the cab.

Goes to a house, puts his beer can on the hood of the cab and goes in the house. Neighbors alert police who respond. They find the stolen cab (and the can of beer) and challenge the driver to "come out with his hands up." He comes out. However, he still has his gun. As he is lowering it toward the officers, they fire killing him.

Mom says they murdered him as he was surrendering. She want's the officers charged with murder....NOT!!!!

The Columbus Dispatch headline today was "Police gun down..." The editors at the Dispatch are just stupid. Officers didn't "gun down" anyone. They defended themselves against a felon with the means to kill or injure them. Let's not forget, this guy was out on bond for an earlier ARMED robbery!!!

When these people decide to use a firearm in the commission of their crimes, the police have every right to defend themselves against their violent tirades!!!! Why does the media and so many people raise cain with the police for doing their jobs (and doing it well, I might add!!!)

Steve

jpryor

That was some interesting monitoring from up here in Toledo, OH. The OSP dispatchers had MARCS with the Post-87 and the Findlay talkgroups patched together, and all was being simulcast on PD Statewide 155.3700 MHz frequency. You sure can use a MDC/MDT during a pursuit . . .

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
SLWilson said:
The Columbus Dispatch headline today was "Police gun down..." The editors at the Dispatch are just stupid. Officers didn't "gun down" anyone. They defended themselves against a felon with the means to kill or injure them. Let's not forget, this guy was out on bond for an earlier ARMED robbery!!!

When these people decide to use a firearm in the commission of their crimes, the police have every right to defend themselves against their violent tirades!!!! Why does the media and so many people raise cain with the police for doing their jobs (and doing it well, I might add!!!)

Folks, none of these situations are a matter for levity in any way, shape or form, through the title of the post or any other manner. Remember, the officers who killed this individual are going to have to live with it the rest of their lives; they will probably be able to deal with what happened, but even so will likely suffer nightmares and doubts as long as they live.

Yes, the criminal in question may certainly have deserved what he got, and he may indeed have been trying to surrender, but the fact is that he was foolish enough to point a gun at the officers, and the result is that he's dead and the officers will have to live with that.

Tom WA8PYR

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Tom makes a very good point "the officers who killed this individual are going to have to live with it the rest of their lives". I'm sure the officers would have rather ended this in the license agency without using their weapons.I would be willing to say that this guy knew that if he was going to point a weapon at the troopers he was aware of what was going to happen. My thoughts on the situation is that the Troopers did was the right thing to do.

Whats next? Was he "mentaly unstable"? Well, yea. You would have to be to carry out actions like this.It's obvious that most criminals have mental disorders. Most times, I think the media must too.

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
mmartinfan said:
The suspect got out of the minivan and attempted to car jack a vehicle belonging to a couple from Ontario, Canada, who had stopped to refuel on their way to Florida, authorities said. The suspect then opened fire on police.

To think my sister just got back from Florida yesterday, will have to watch the news locally to see if the Ontario victims got interviewed up here.

medic611

Bravo TOM ......... Having a recent officer involved shooting in the same county i live and work in cast the light on the situation. For some in here at times its like a bloodsport to have this kind of event to happen, on the flip side when u know the officers involved its never a "fun" event. I remember an earlier post a while back where the same subject was brought up and a person gave his thoughts , to which some didnt like the comments ...... remember theres always 2 sides to every story. Having put my own life at risk numerous times over 14 years heed this with a grain of salt . This is a site for radio's and scanning , Its not a blog that was intended to post shootings, car wrecks , murders, ect. Some of us see this in our daily lives at work ...... I'd rather not see it posted weekly in here .

hoser147

The incident that is being refered to happened in Bowling Green and ended in Bluffton Ohio. 2 OSP troopers were shot one in the hand and one in the Arm but are supposed to have full recovery as a news report stated last night. Thanks God they are going to be alright and the Bad guy is done victimizing anyone else..........hoser147

cristisphoto

Ohipo Shootout

If you all go to Ogrish.com the video is on their site
Pretty intense
The suspect is no victim
He is 100 % Suspect......
The video tells no lie
Pretty good work by the troopers
The suspect first point his weapon at the officer who was direcly behind him
Fortunatly befoer he can fire off any rounds
Another officer does fire stopping the suspect from shooting at first
Dang Good backup!!!

toledoskip

My condolences & thoughts go out to the Troops involved in the shooting.

IAD will certainly find it a righteous shoot, but the taking of a human life is not an easy thing to overcome. Trust me when I say an Officer prays he'll never have to use his sidearm against another person, hairball or not.

bbelhorn

This is the latest reported by our local news.

Reported by Angela An WBNS TV

The man who died after a gun battle with police near Bluffton was not only armed, but well protected, and the highway patrol says he was well-prepared for battle.

10TV has learned that Donti Henry was wearing heavy body armor during the shootout and he had not one, but three weapons aimed to kill police.

Leaving one gun in the van, Henry came out, firing not one, but two guns at police.
The highway patrol says they were high-powered rounds, and they say one of the guns is considered the equivalent to the military's M-16.

At one point, one of the troopers was firing shots through his windshield. The highway patrol says it's part of the training officers use when confronted with these types of deadly situations.

It's still unknown how many shots were fired, but the highway patrol is trying to figure out where Henry got those high powered weapons.

Ben

cristisphoto

Yes it is sad on all sides
I just wish our Feds would support financialy
Mental health,
Jobs and other very important Social Services...
Then that would take some pressure off both the Law enforcement communities and civilians alike..
not to get Left on the Political Equationif you will lol
buuut
We keep waging wars abroad,
yet at home in the US
There a million wars being fought everyday
JUst my Two cents
Regards
Crista

Ps I am no way excusing what the suspect did
Just sayin lol

toledoskip said:
My condolences & thoughts go out to the Troops involved in the shooting.

IAD will certainly find it a righteous shoot, but the taking of a human life is not an easy thing to overcome. Trust me when I say an Officer prays he'll never have to use his sidearm against another person, hairball or not.

mmartinfan

Banned
cristisphoto said:
Yes it is sad on all sides
I just wish our Feds would support financialy
Mental health,
Jobs and other very important Social Services...
Then that would take some pressure off both the Law enforcement communities and civilians alike..
not to get Left on the Political Equationif you will lol
buuut
We keep waging wars abroad,
yet at home in the US
There a million wars being fought everyday
JUst my Two cents
Regards
Crista

Ps I am no way excusing what the suspect did
Just sayin lol

what the hell are you talking about?

bbelhorn

I was kinda lost there also.

I think they want more money spent on mental health issues. I think mental health has become a catch all. "well no one in their right mind would shoot at an officer and then run and then etc" so he must be found not guilty due to mental defect.

The court system is not the ideal solution.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.