Okc Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
:confused: why is it when i program okc fire into my bcd396xt i don't hear them when i look on r/r okc fire some is analog or digital/analog or digital Quote .... However, the dispatch channels are rebroadcast in analog on the state trunked system.......... end of quote so what in the :mad: is going on then :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
And yes i do know they are on the provoice system

:confused: why is it when i program okc fire into my bcd396xt i don't hear them when i look on r/r okc fire some is analog or digital/analog or digital Quote .... However, the dispatch channels are rebroadcast in analog on the state trunked system.......... end of quote so what in the :mad: is going on then :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

n5usr

I believe when they first went to the PV system OCFD was dispatching in analog, but they stopped soon after. It is all PV now so of course the scanner won't pick it up. As I understand it the radios are (were originally?) set up so on the "mixed" TGs they *can* go analog they just *don't*. Not sure why they would bother to switch, perhaps when the system was new they wanted the option in case they didn't like the PV audio?

The quote you cited from the OKC page only refers to the PD dispatch links. The FD links to the state system aren't kept active 24x7. The FD dispatcher will enable them when and as needed, which isn't too often. Mostly when they are working a fire with someone already on the state system - I've heard that with Nichols HIlls and Midwest City.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Okc fire is provoice only cant be heard by any scanner. It is online however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.