OKWIN P25 Phase 1 - Tulsa (Simulcast?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
@peterjmag @KI5IRE @b1tr41d

Guys just curious...Is Tulsa's OKWIN P25 Phase 1 (Tulsa Site truly Simulcast)?
I am hearing it may be but I didn't think it was.

I know in past with Simulcast my WS-1065 did horrible in the Austin area(simulcast)...but it does great in Tulsa along with my TRX-1.
Of course my SDS-100 and SDS-200 do well...

1641266377757.png

b1tr41d

Raider of bits
Yes it is.
Some locations are better than others.
When I travel to Tulsa, there are certain areas that the 536 in my truck pukes while the Unication G5 continues to function perfectly.
Also, if you want to do your own research and dig into the FCC call sign locations for where each frequency is located at. If the same frequency(s) show up at different locations, I would put money that its a simulcast system. (See the map I put together here and zoom check out the Tulsa sites.)

peterjmag

The Tulsa system KNJH431 has 2 sites. One at 61st and Sheridan on the tower on the hill and the other is on top of the Williams Center High Rise building in downtown. So yes by definition it is a simulcast site.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks @peterjmag - good to know those locations... I was thinking one south was ORU...but ok now I know 61st Sheridan where I am picking it up mostly - being at 51st Harvard.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The Tulsa system KNJH431 has 2 sites. One at 61st and Sheridan on the tower on the hill and the other is on top of the Williams Center High Rise building in downtown. So yes by definition it is a simulcast site.
I was going to say there is three sites, but when I checked on the FCC it shows 6?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
If you hit this button (highlighted in Red), it will show all the transmitters attached to a particular site. In this case, it certainly looks to be a simulcast site (and I'd figure it would be based on how many frequencies it has attached to it).

This can at least help you narrow down where you're sitting between transmitters.

1641518260468.png

1641518253461.png

You can also see on the FCC license's listed there, it shows locations of towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.