OPP switchover to LMRN

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Today Mississauga OPP requested a tow but no tows can hear so they asked Aurora OPP to request the tow for Mississauga. I think heads are going to roll.
It'll take awhile for the officers to get used to no more "first available" but it's for the best.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think its just going to be contract tows or something rather then putting a call out on a non encrypted group and having 17 tow trucks flying to a minor two car MVC.

Part of a lot of dept's in recent years going enc is due to tows. Wouldn't shock me if London Fire goes next. Always found it interesting that the GTA is the only area who does the First Available Tow thingy.

Spoke with a OPP officer not long ago and they said not a thing has changed on their end communication wise. Still giving out the same info they were on FleetNet and still giving the Comm Centre a call for somethings too. Other than VR/Portable issues ,but gee wiz who would of guessed that one. Medic buddy says same thing on their end. Not giving any patient info over the air and still getting access/door buzzer codes on the MWS or calling into the CACC.

maxtracs

The tow drivers use the Waze app to check for crashes on the map. They will still race to the area of the crash. Nothing has really changed for the tows chasing crashes. They are just using a different source for info.
Niagara OPP and Burlington OPP are now switching over.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
It appears like something is broken on the MTO KITCHENER talk group. Seeing nothing but Registration Denials. I’ve never seen so much red in my DSDplus events window

Wow.. Im quite surprised on that.
Least they could of made it a P25 channel lol
Unless they are actually wanting the tow operators to respond to “claim” the call, which to me would be extremely unlikely considering you’d be having people transmit on frequencies that they don’t have a license to use

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
Brantford FleetNet was taken down this morning, so I would assume that Burlington OPP has made the switch now

Woodstock FleetNet is still up, you should see all the radios trying to affiliate over there

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Also looks like TG 2516 is active and 2518 is patched to 19915 - Burlington
Those are MTO Enforcement groups. If I had to guess, one would be Hamilton Ops and one Halton Ops.

Maybe there will be a VHF patch to a P25 TG at some point?
On the old FleetNet group, they would often multi-select with the talkgroup. Sometimes they'd forget to dissolve this, so you'd hear a lot of chatter not meant for the Tow channels.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Looks like Aurora (19111 5A-5B/19112 5L) have moved over. Toronto/Whitby still on FleetNet. At least at the moment.

mciupa

Boomer
I've got Hamilton tower on FleetNet but tonight, it is pulling in Peterborough on the same control channels (from Toronto). I was looking at my scanner display and it was showing Windsor CACC and City and Essex Zone 1 talkgroups. In actual fact it is Lindsay CACC and North and South Zone 2 talkgroups.

As far as OPP monitoring from Toronto tonight on FleetNet using the Primrose tower, it's only Caledon, Dufferin and Nottawasaga detachments plus the 17360 patch group. Toronto OPP detachment and MTO Enforcement Operations were on Toronto tower FleetNet.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Unless they are actually wanting the tow operators to respond to “claim” the call, which to me would be extremely unlikely considering you’d be having people transmit on frequencies that they don’t have a license to use
The sites are licensed for both TX and RX - so who knows if the PCC has the ability to receive on the channel as well.

In the past, they'd voice over to have the tow truck call into the comm center, I imagine that's still the case.

slicerwizard

The tow drivers use the Waze app to check for crashes on the map. They will still race to the area of the crash. Nothing has really changed for the tows chasing crashes. They are just using a different source for info.
When I see a cop hiding and doing enforcement, I tag his location as a major crash. Moths to the flame...