Ordered C Crane Skywave

Status
Not open for further replies.

usclassic

Well since I am new here my post need to moderator approved. While waiting for my previous post about using the Tecsun PL 660, PL680 or PL880 for aircraft I pulled the trigger for about $65 new and shipped from an Amazon vendor. What sold me was the adjustable squelch and I think it can scan the airband as well. Not 100% sure on that but even so it's good anyway as the other don't scan either. I did have to give up SSB but for my budget and my location near MEM International airport with airband being my priority I think I made a solid choice. I will post my experience after it arrives.

usclassic

Well the $65 deal was bogus so I ended up paying the $89.99 from C Crane through Amazon. I have been playing around with my Skywave for a few days now. It does not scan airband. I programed the buttons by manually entering the frequencies here for MEM airport. Page one - top row ground, second row departure, and third row approach. Since there are a couple frequencies for each. Then I manually scan through by pushing buttons. Then on page two I have other frequencies for tower and various others as they are mentioned to fedex heavys - most of the traffic around here. The nice feature of the Skywave is the squelch which works very well on the lowest, #1, setting. The Skywave does have SW, weather, AM and FM as well. So for me there are plenty of band options and the stereo FM sounds very good through the included ear buds and even better through my HD280 Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.