• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am looking for assistance on programming a Unication G5 UHF-7/800mhz. Before anyone slams me, I had bought this off eBay from a unication dealer and they will not provide programming assistance, since they are not from the area. I have had this receiver/pager for about two weeks. I have 5 stations that need alerting. All p25 conventional with nothing fancy. 2 of the 5 stations alert as they should, but the other 3 will not. I have the correct tone formats and tone spacing. I am stuck at a wall and cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I placed the tone formats into the p25C tone subgroups appropriately and also created a protocol for each individual group of tone formats with the proper timing.
I am not sure what I am missing or doing wrong. I looked at the material provided from unication I regards to 2 tone programming (mostly all trunking) and still cannot get anywhere.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Cody

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Attached files shows the programming. The protocols that are selected are the ones not working properly.7A3A5EAE-0CE2-4010-B549-12F5CFCCF32C.jpeg0132B9AB-233F-41D4-83D9-9A37FC902002.jpegD2BFFCA6-C2DE-4082-8936-AE694DCA8267.jpeg

RBMTS

Have you updated your radio firmware? I believe there was issues with P25 conventional tone on older 1.2 and earlier firmware versions.

Last edited:

RBMTS

Maybe try putting only one of the troublesome tone frequency setups on its own switch setting and turn priority off. In other words, look at only 1 of them at a time to see if you can get it to work properly.

You stated that the tone pairs are correct. Do you know that for being dead-on correct? I’ve seen that claim before and there was usually an error. Not saying that you are wrong but if some of the tones work and some don’t, I’m leaning towards an error with the tone list you have.

Keep trying. It usually just takes some trial and error experimentation.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
It maybe an error. Unfortunately these tone formats are from when the system i am monitoring was analog, maybe they changed the formats when it went to p25.

Another question for you. So the system i monitor is actually the county i work in as a Paramedic. I have an XTS5000 that i carry daily. The 911 center programmed my ASTRO ID into their alerting system. So like 1 second before the tones are activated my portable radio will give 3 consecutive beeps saying ASTRO Call received. Is there a way to do something similar on the Unication pager? I messed around a bit with the TGID in the group id settings, but don't see anything that fits the criteria.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
The other thing i just realized. My tone formats are literally just reversed. I manually generated them in a tone generator and listened to pre-recorded tones and they are the same.

For example. Station 400 669.9/928.1, Station 440 928.1/669.9.

Could that be the issue?

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have tried that. I have tried tone pairs above and below the pair I have programmed in and no success.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Do you guys know if there is a way to program multiple private call IDs. It is the 2nd tab next to group ID. Or is there a way to edit the talk group in the actual device menu settings. I see the option, but it is blank and not editable.

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to get this to work also. As far as I can tell you are only able to have a single Private Call ID. I don't believe P25 call alerts support wildcards either because "F" is a valid hexadecimal character in a P25 ID. It would be nice to add additional private call entries so I can page groups of my users without having to transmit a dozen or more call alerts, one to each pager.

Do you guys know if there is a way to program multiple private call IDs. It is the 2nd tab next to group ID. Or is there a way to edit the talk group in the actual device menu settings. I see the option, but it is blank and not editable.

Status
Not open for further replies.