P25 with OTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTFISH

Banned
Banned
Is there a way to tell what type of keys someone is using in this transmission?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
If you meant to include some sort of file you didn’t.

And do you mean OTAR?

KevinC

Super Moderator
Not sure exactly what your question is, but decoding SW can show the algorithm and key ID. It will absolutely not show the key variable.

JUSTFISH

Banned
Banned
Not sure exactly what your question is, but decoding SW can show the algorithm and key ID. It will absolutely not show the key variable.
I’m here to learn and maybe be pay someone for their time to help me. From what I’ve researched there are types of keys such as DES, AES, etc. That’s a start to tell me if it’s even possible to get into a transmission. From what I’ve researched it’s impossible to get into an AES encryption. So that means I’d be wasting my time trying. I don’t know much about this stuff but I am learning. Thanks though because I did learn something I didn’t know by researching the key variable

boatbod

Technicalities and legalities aside, a keyId that is something other than 0x00 implies an encrypted transmission. The algId defines what encryption algorithm is in use. algId=0x80 means unencrypted.

JUSTFISH

Banned
Banned
It is both nearly impossible and illegal. For more info try searching the RR wiki.

I don’t think it’s illegal if the transmission belongs to terrorists. Thanks for
In the US it is. And if it’s encrypted how do you know it’s “terrorists”?
Apparently I have more to read on the legality. Going forward I’m not going to be so “coy” with any discussion with you Kevin

JUSTFISH

Banned
Banned
So we've moved on from breaking into bugs to breaking encryption? Getting some popcorn.
If you or any of your buddies have a problem with me I’ll meet you wherever you want unarmed and we can discuss your problem with me. I’m from NJ also. I came here as nice as possible because I was here asking for help and I am willing to pay for it. So what is your problem. You and your weasel buddies are running around here with snide comments liking each other’s posts. This is what happens when you put a bunch of pussies together. You get gang mentality

KevinC

Super Moderator
If you or any of your buddies have a problem with me I’ll meet you wherever you want unarmed and we can discuss your problem with me. I’m from NJ also. I came here as nice as possible because I was here asking for help and I am willing to pay for it. So what is your problem. You and your weasel buddies are running around here with snide comments liking each other’s posts. This is what happens when you put a bunch of pussies together. You get gang mentality
And with that I think we’re done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.