P25RX-II P25RX-II Firmware Updates / Testing

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It seems it is not the proper radio for my use case. Doesn't make it a poor radio though. The PC test environment I'm using is about 1/3 of the cost you mention, but I hope to virtualize the task on an existing server. I am confident that I've put the P25RXII receiver through the paces to test its capabilities through all its firmware iterations. It's likely to show up on eBay or the RR marketplace pretty soon, so if anyone is looking for a no longer produced P25RXII, it's a good device.

btt

Banned
Banned
It is not an "obsolete" device. Currently, I cannot buy the MCU due to parts shortages from the "pandemic". It is what it is. It will resume production when the part becomes available. (assuming I can stay in business that long). There are some reports that the part could become available next month. We shall see.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Fantastic! Like I said, it's a good radio, but currently not produced. Let's hope the parts situation improves in the near term so you can resume production of a fine product.

Reactions: btt

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hey Todd... just an update. Today was the first time I used Bluetooth with 2023-01-14_1429 (latest two-tone detect) while working out in my wood shop (making new legs for a mid-century modern coffee table that my Dad made before I was born). The Bluetooth audio is the best I've ever heard... far superior to 2022-09-02_0639. Great job my friend! First pint of my new batch of homebrew Amber has your name on it!

Reactions: btt