Parsippany/Troy Hills P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
It's safe to say that Powder Mill is fully installed and ready to go. It was active at 09h30 this morning with an RSSI of -41 with no antenna, but off again at 16h30 tonight. Might be worth watching it this week. No changes to other parameters seen. I will say though, it has again been reaffirmed this is going to be a flamethrower of a system. With Powder Mill off this evening, there was still an RSSI of -40 up on the hill.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
And one would think two neighboring towns like Parsippany and Hanover couldn’t sit at a table together and build a combined system, especially with the footprint they could have. But I digress....

NParkNJ

On the Road
It's safe to say that Powder Mill is fully installed and ready to go. It was active at 09h30 this morning with an RSSI of -41 with no antenna, but off again at 16h30 tonight. Might be worth watching it this week. No changes to other parameters seen. I will say though, it has again been reaffirmed this is going to be a flamethrower of a system. With Powder Mill off this evening, there was still an RSSI of -40 up on the hill.

Looks it sure will be. I was getting about 3 bars on my 325p2, in the Wanaque/Pompton Lakes area in town, not at a high elevation. Signal was in and out however. As a note, that was with a rubber duck, the radio shack telescoping antenna. With the last sight turned on, and when I get a new antenna on my car, I bet I’ll get it from town in Ringwood.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

08GMC4X4

Police 1, 700 MHz is patched to the 800 MHz for the time being. You can only listen on the new 700 MHz radios.

Last edited:

ansky

08GMC4X4

Last night I tried downloading the 700mhz system into my sds100 utilizing the sentinel software. When I check Morris county I don’t see it in the list, only the 800mhz system. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Last night I tried downloading the 700mhz system into my sds100 utilizing the sentinel software. When I check Morris county I don’t see it in the list, only the 800mhz system. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong.

Make sure you've done the database update.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
It wouldn't be listed under the municipality, it would be listed as a system. But, yeah, son of a gun, it isn't there...

1604154300389.png

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Maybe will be added before the Monday database update? I put it in manually, and the system is full strength in Livingston, but no voice activity heard...

I suspect it's due to the old issue where lacking talkgroups until after the most recent update that the Uniden protocols refused to recognize it as valid. So the likelihood is Monday around 12:00n it should appear in the next update.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The talkgroups were added after the last Sentinel database pull, so it won't show up until Monday.

Sentinel ignores systems that have no talkgroups by design, it's not a bug.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel ignores systems that have no talkgroups by design, it's not a bug.

Right, but by saying "old issue" I was just trying to politely but sarcastically infer it's dumb in my personal opinion. A system with no talkgroups should be available in the Uniden database, since with ID search enabled, you could find TG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.