Pennsylvania State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

I am just wondering did the state police switch over yet because i was monitoring 155.445 and 155.460 and i didn't hear anything for the past 3 days...anyone have an idea on this and if they did switch what are the new freq's. thanks Jerry

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I am just wondering did the state police switch over yet because i was monitoring 155.445 and 155.460 and i didn't hear anything for the past 3 days...anyone have an idea on this and if they did switch what are the new freq's. thanks Jerry

Jerry,

PSP has been migrating piecemeal. If you have not heard Embreeville on VHF for a few days, chances are good that they are now primarily working on STARTNET. If that is the case, you might hear some sporadic traffic on 155.445 when troopers hit dead spots on the 800 system. Keep an ear out and keep us updated.
Too bad they switched, although it was nice that it took them as long as it did to finally make the move.

Ben

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Not ProVoice, it's OpenSky. Either way, not monitorable. So, SOL.

PSP Philly on Ch B is still there because of interference issues...nextel and airport radar, among others.
PSP Media on Ch C is still there because of interference issues with New Castle County, DE.
This is according to testimony from the latest PA Senate hearings on the STARNET system deployment. If it were not for these issues, both stations would probably have migrated by now.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
open sky pa

well I hate to say it but i think troop j in chester county has gone to opensky.I have c heck my scanner and all the channels are unlock for embreeville and no dispatch to cars on route 30 or 100 here in the exton area. The tac channel are dead to. The only ones i am hering know is the kp cars on the turnpike channels. The county 800mhz system was having trouble the other day this may have been the cause of there promblems.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I have driven from Wilmington to Lancaster a few times this week and can confirm that Embreville and Avondale are no longer on the VHF system. Not in the 9 hours of monitoring anyway.

I did hear Penndot on their analog car-car channel along Rt 30 866.4375 analog.

Dave

PSP Philly on Ch B is still there because of interference issues...nextel and airport radar, among others.
PSP Media on Ch C is still there because of interference issues with New Castle County, DE.
This is according to testimony from the latest PA Senate hearings on the STARNET system deployment. If it were not for these issues, both stations would probably have migrated by now.

good for us in the SE-PA & keeping my fingers crossed that the -Interference- remains to be a foe
to the all out deployment of the O-Sky network..
and seeing how the bugs are not worked out out west will hopefully keep the wolves at bay even longer,,,

jjamz508

YES its a done deal...the skynet is up..n plaged ..

yes they have a bit at a time...when the system is down u will hear them off and on on those frequencys..the system they hate...per psp friends...and it is awful in fringe areas,,,,and the woods..well they had to do something it cost MILLIONS to build...and sat for 3 years!!!somebody makin big moola...and same for the upcoming 700mhz interoperability p25 stuff...ugh costly!!!but does it work...it does for one...a monopoly i wont name...ugh!!

ctrabs74

Well, that pretty much makes any scanner in Chester County obsolete if not close to it. With (1) PSP Avondale, and now Embreeville apparently working on the OpenScam system, (2) Chester County's difficult, if not impossible, to monitor 800 EFJunk system and (3) The possibility of West Chester PD going full encryption, there would seem to be virtually nothing left to monitor out here.

Friendly

I am somewhat new to all this, but it is the same with the

I am somewhat new to all this, but it is the same with the Allentown Police. I can Pick Up EMS and some other bands but nothing from the any of the Allentown sources.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Semi related,
Passing by Avondale Barracks tonight and close call hit on 853.550
FCC Callsign WQGH992 Details which is a STARnet freq.
Guess they have been re-banding the system here and there. Likely to make the system usable with the interference issues reported from Delaware.

Dave

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
we had a bad one car crash in honeybrook and the.

well the state police in chester county did switch to opensky. last weekend we had a bad one car crash in to a fence and telephone pole. and when the four state police men and women arrived on the scence they where carrying new radios with lebel mics on them. the radios were a little bigger then the old one with large lcd displays. there was also a red a green lite on the corner of the radio and it would change from red to green. when they went to talk if it was red they had to move until it turned green. i wouldnt want to be in a shoot out with this system .

mirage

Open Sky in Susquehanna County

Gibson Barracks is using open sky. They do still use VHF. I think it depends on the coverage area last nite they had as chase and it was on VHF. As I type this I here Blooming Grove talking. So yes and no is the answer up here
Doug

ChrisRupert

"I am heading to Williamsport soon I will let everyone know if Montoursville has switched to the Open Scam system upon my return."

Montoursville and all of the Troop F Stations are still on the legacy VHF frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.